Subject: Guild scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Łopusiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!

I've got a small question about rules of guild scoreing. This may be just unfortunate wording in polish rulebook, though I'd like to clarify.

In the english rulebook it says :
Quote:
At the end of the game, the city chosen for the victory point gain can be different from the one previously chosen for the coin gain

So it means that when I build a Tacticians guild and have more red cards in my city I get money based on them. If by the end of the game the situation changes, I can get VP based on the number of red cards in my opponents city.

In the polish rulebook it says :
Quote:
Na koniec gry miasto, które otrzyma punkty z karty Gildii, może nie być tym, które wcześniej otrzymało dzięki jej działaniu monety.

Which would (roughly) translate to something like this :
Quote:
At the end of the game, the city which receives VP from the Guild card, may not be the same which got the money.

This sounds a little like the player who built a guild would always get the money, but the VP would go to the player who had most red cards (with the example of Tacticians Guild) at the end of the game regardless of the owner of the card.

It seems that it is just a case of unfortunate wording in polish rulebook, though I still wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An unfortunate wording yes. The player who plays the card gets the coins and points, which are maximized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello from essen's fair

English rulebook gives the good answer
Sorry for that polish confusions translation
I will Tell that to the publisher tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Łopusiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Funny thing, in the Helpsheet, the polish translation is much more straightforward and true to the original. It's strange that these two lines aren't the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! German wording isn't any clearer. So it's ALWAYS the player who Builds and has the cards GETS the benefit, but the benefit is calculated by the city with the most of something. Right I hope.

Game is awesome, Mom loves it :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechaniac wrote:
So it's ALWAYS the player who Builds and has the cards GETS the benefit, but the benefit is calculated by the city with the most of something.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.