Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Levinski
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The lands around my dwelling are more beautiful from the day when it is given to me to see faces I have never seen before. All is more beautiful, all is more beautiful and life is thankfulness. These guests of mine make my house grand.
mbmbmbmbmb
After a free volley using amphibious landing insert, in this case vs attack by river, the defender may fall back to other terrain at point unless the attacker has spent marches to out maneuver the defender.

Regulars gain a +2 on the landing insert regardless if they are attacking or defending so if the attacker pays the 2 marches he can keep the opponent on the landing insert till they retreat or are eliminated.

Anyone have a different interpretation?

This game has a lot of levers to consider...excellent game. Just wish the rules were better organized with an extended example of play.

"All who are my grenadiers...FORWARD!"- Rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vezner
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are vague in places. I suppose that a person could make your argument. I would go the other way though.

The rules for landing say that the defender can fall back to another terrain after the first volley. Nothing in the rules says that the attacker can pay 2 march to outmaneuver and prevent the fall back to other terrain. Outmaneuvering only allows the attacker to pick the terrain in the first place. The rules for landing terrain themselves allow the fall back move, so an attacker who picks landing terrain picks terrain that allows a fall back move to different terrain. Not the best choice.

I suggest instead that the 2 march cost to outmaneuver lets the attacker pick the terrain that the defender falls back to, if the defender chooses to fall back. So, a defender has to fall back to open terrain instead of a fort for example.

I suggest the above based on applying logic. The rules being vague in places, I suggest playing it how it's fun for you and your opponent and makes sense to you both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Levinski
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The lands around my dwelling are more beautiful from the day when it is given to me to see faces I have never seen before. All is more beautiful, all is more beautiful and life is thankfulness. These guests of mine make my house grand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

The note at the bottom of the TRANSPORT CHART states that the defender
always has the option of the free landing volley though it is possible for the attacker to determine the terrain available for him to fall back on.

The note on the bottom of the THE COMBAT EFFECTS CHART states that defenders can fall back at the beginning of any turn.

Of course the terrain has to be one of the available types for that point.

I think I see where my thought process went wrong...hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.