Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
im excited ive only just started playing the full game. but im really hooked and ive planned on getting all the expansions so now i guess this just makes it one more to get.

btw when is essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's nice, but what I'd like to know is are there going to be an English version of this or any of the other existing expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr. Stepponant had hinted about another one earlier...great to see it officially announced. I'm assuming it's based on the Ring Cycle, which is AWESOME. Gimme that rheingold!

But seriously guys, you're leaving us hanging by not doing English translations. The expansions (Helden and Graalsuche) are very playable without translation, but it would be nice- particularly to players who don't have the patience to deal with German-language games (amateurs!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Essen is a huge game convention every October in Germany. Many games that are supposed to come out at Essen don't and dribble out through early December. English translations, if the German games are translated come between November and February. In February, the other major game event, Nuremberg, at which the whole process starts again. The major difference between the two is that Essen is open to the public and Nuremberg is not.

Brian, I am a Bridge/Zendo/Elfenland/Blue Moon/Prophecy kind of guy with some C&C:A & Twilight Struggle thrown in & just a pinch of Viva Topo! to make it all work.

Amazon.de has good prices on the expansions in German, and as I gather sales on the first translated expansion were not that great. I would not wait for English or you might be waiting quite a while. Lutz Stepponat, the designer, and designer of Ruse & Bruise, frequents the Geek, so he might chime in.

Oh yeah,, I'm a Ring person too (gotta be if you live in Seattle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I need to get the other two German-only expansions before they run out. Looks like Pegasus is just moving on without releasing English editions, after all. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That's nice, but what I'd like to know is are there going to be an English version of this or any of the other existing expansions?

Ummm, did I miss something? I have Return of the Heroes and Under the Shadow of the Dragon in English. Are there other expansions that are not yet translated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TeknoMerk wrote:
Quote:

Ummm, did I miss something? I have Return of the Heroes and Under the Shadow of the Dragon in English. Are there other expansions that are not yet translated?

Yes.

Helden in der Unterwelt
Die Rückkehr der Helden: Die Gralssuche
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Spielt also carries the two German-only expansions. We just got them but we haven't had a chance to try them out yet. They also carry the deluxe miniatures for the game but they were a little too pricey for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes.

Die Rückkehr der Helden: Helden in der Unterwelt
Die Rückkehr der Helden: Die Gralssuche

I just recently snagged the first two from a great Tanga deal. I didn't know I was missing Underworld and Grail. Thanks for the info. Although, it looks like I'll have to get them from amazon.de.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If it ain't in English then I ain't interested yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
Oh, this game's much better in German than it is in English, I feel. In English, everything in the game seems blander and more generic.

And I speak as one who loves this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
What did you just say? It was so bland I couldn't stay awake. Say that again, in German, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.