Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what price range we are looking at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how "deluxe" they end up making it. Right now I'm guessing it will have between an $80-$100 msrp with some of the larger online retailers having it for $55-$75
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baker996 wrote:

Whatever it is in the KS, realize it will be cheaper at retail. Why I don't bother with EGG kickstarter's anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
baker996 wrote:

Whatever it is in the KS, realize it will be cheaper at retail. Why I don't bother with EGG kickstarter's anymore.
Not only will it likely be cheaper, but so will shipping - and you won't get it significantly early through KS either. IMO the only reason to back an EGG KS these days is if there is any KS exclusive content that you want (and I'm not sure that they do that anymore).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Goodman
Canada
flag msg tools
baker996 wrote:

I think a reasonable guess is that it would be priced similarly to The Gallerist which seems to have been a successful kickstarter. I just received my copy and it's amazing in it's production values. Plus I got a few extra bonuses through the stretch goals. I have no idea if they are exclusive or not but they look cool so I'm happy to have received them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanada Spiel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
baker996 wrote:

Not really cheaper and depends. Take Gallerist for example. On KS it was about $59 including free US shipping. On MM is about $52, let say you have 5% discount (maybe something like CSI), and $5.95 shipping, total up to $55.30. This is just for core game. There are SGs which not exclusive, probably you can buy it separately. Let's assume, you can get it from BGG store for $5 and +$1 for handling fee. Altogether, it cost you potentially about $61 if you go retail route.

Of course you can wait till sale which may shave off another $10 but then, I'm very sure backer will get the game significantly earlier than you (last I check there are no such big sale discount for Gallerist). Let say you're ok with that. And you got your game at $51 a saving of $8 compared to KS, that's A LOT of work to save $8. You probably can shovel ice off your neighbor's driveways and earn more than $8 during the same amount time you spent hunting down the best bargain for complete Gallerist via retail.

If you don't care about the SGs. Maybe you can get the game at around $47 ($52 - $10 sale + $5.95). Or, you wait till you have enough threshold for free shipping and sale discount at the same time, say $42

tl;dr, theoretically it is cheaper to buy retail, practically you are better off backing KS using Gallerist KS example. If you don't want SGs, get big sale discount, and free shipping, it is significantly cheaper. Those are big IFs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hanadaspiel2 wrote:

Not really cheaper and depends. Take Gallerist for example. On KS it was about $59 including free US shipping. On MM is about $52, let say you have 5% discount (maybe something like CSI), and $5.95 shipping, total up to $55.30. This is just for core game. There are SGs which not exclusive, probably you can buy it separately. Let's assume, you can get it from BGG store for $5 and +$1 for handling fee. Altogether, it cost you potentially about $61 if you go retail route.

Of course you can wait till sale which may shave off another $10 but then, I'm very sure backer will get the game significantly earlier than you (last I check there are no such big sale discount for Gallerist). Let say you're ok with that. And you got your game at $51 a saving of $8 compared to KS, that's A LOT of work to save $8. You probably can shovel ice off your neighbor's driveways and earn more than $8 during the same amount time you spent hunting down the best bargain for complete Gallerist via retail.

If you don't care about the SGs. Maybe you can get the game at around $47 ($52 - $10 sale + $5.95). Or, you wait till you have enough threshold for free shipping and sale discount at the same time, say $42

tl;dr, theoretically it is cheaper to buy retail, practically you are better off backing KS using Gallerist KS example. If you don't want SGs, get big sale discount, and free shipping, it is significantly cheaper. Those are big IFs.

Yeah, "cheaper at retail" is very much a relative concept. I ended up backing out of The Gallerist KS simply due to uncertainty over the price, the crappy CAD dollar, etc. I think it would have ended up costing me $97 CAD at the time for the game with sipping, etc. Right now online places in Canada are offering it for about $80-$100 (that's the "discounted" price) and you have to pay Canada's crap shipping costs over and above that. Unless you need an extra game or two over and above that and then you can qualify for free shipping. So I would have been much better off sticking with the Ks as the price would have been about the same or cheaper than buying retail and I'd already have it in my hands.

I have Vinhos and it's one of my favorite games. I'm debating selling it if the deluxe version isn't too expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS The Gallerist, but I pre-ordered online before it went retail, total cost:
The Gallerist $57.59
Shipping $12.00
trip to Essen to pick up stretch goals $5230.89
Total: $5300.48

What a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
I missed the KS The Gallerist, but I pre-ordered online before it went retail, total cost:
The Gallerist $57.59
Shipping $12.00
trip to Essen to pick up stretch goals $5230.89
Total: $5300.48

What a great deal.
I'd have spent the money on new games and the storage to hold them. You clearly have too much disposable income, please send some in my direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.