Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Berndt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi has anyone managed to find an optimal way of getting all the components back nicely in the box, there doesn't appear to be spaces for everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toolbum wrote:
Hi has anyone managed to find an optimal way of getting all the components back nicely in the box, there doesn't appear to be spaces for everything

I chucked the insert pretty much right away. Plenty of room now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I got my stuff into the box fairly easily and after a little use of a craft knife, I was able to get my custom glass balls in there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
Wow, I got my stuff into the box fairly easily and after a little use of a craft knife, I was able to get my custom glass balls in there too.

That's great; looks like sleeved cards in the insert won't be an option, hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Berndt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:

Wow, those glass balls are awesome, where did you get those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shuanfu wrote:
biffta wrote:

Ugh... It's a shame that I have to throw away yet another insert.

What is wrong with these publishers? Why can't they design inserts which accommodate sleeved cards?

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
toolbum wrote:
biffta wrote:

Wow, those glass balls are awesome, where did you get those?

Those look like door knobs glued to wooden disks. Or at least that's how I made mine which look very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
shuanfu wrote:
biffta wrote:

Ugh... It's a shame that I have to throw away yet another insert.

What is wrong with these publishers? Why can't they design inserts which accommodate sleeved cards?

shake
There's no real need to sleeve them. A damaged card would still have the game be 100% playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
Esvath wrote:

shake
There's no real need to sleeve them. A damaged card would still have the game be 100% playable.

It's not a matter of playability, it's a matter of keeping the game in better condition, especially given the cost and limited print runs of most of these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Elness
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Sleeving issues aside, the insert is fine. You do have to disassemble the clock, which I don't like. But, you can actually store the cards in sets. Which is to say, put all of the ghost's suspect cards in the first lower well, then put the psychics' suspect cards on top of them, in the upper well. Same for both sets of location cards in the second well. And sort of the same (but reversed) for the weapons cards in the bottom right well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the clock pieces and location/item/person tiles under the insert. Everything else fits where designed. I actually like this insert and I'm usually the first to chuck one in the bin. This one works pretty well if you don't sleeve. I'm also a chronic sleever but I've avoided it so far. Stay strong Brotherhood of Game Sleevers! We will overcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowers
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The slots the cards come in hold the cards, obviously. The crystal balls have their holes too. The clairvoyance pointers go next to the crystal balls in those dips. The ravens, 1-6 tokens, and the 'stands' of the clock (the things that go in the base that make the clock upright) I've put UNDER the cards, in the squares beneath where the cards will fit.

The sleeves contain only their corresponding investigator and clairvoyance tokens. The sleeves should fit pretty well into the square holes that way.

The clock, clock's base are on top of everything flat, with the screen and rules on top of them. Closed nice and snugly for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:

shake

What's right with the publishers that the carter to 99% of gamers that don't sleeve. And if the insert fits sleeves this means at the same time that the cards will slide around and get banged up for those that don't sleeve.
So for the exception of deckbuilders or similar I largely prefer tight inserts.

I understand the desire to sleeve, but if you are modifying the game you cannot expect that the rest of the game will be built to account for your modification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
What's right with the publishers that the carter to 99% of gamers that don't sleeve.

Considering the volume of threads on sleeving with each new game and how one major publisher and one minor publisher both make their own brand of sleeves, I'd love to see where you get this statistic because it doesn't jive with empirical evidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You make the mistake of assuming the people on the geek are the broad mass. I know noone outside of the CCG community that would sleeve cards but me (I only do it for certain games as well for most I don't care). And I take part in about all and any local conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
You make the mistake of assuming the people on the geek are the broad mass. I know noone outside of the CCG community that would sleeve cards but me (I only do it for certain games as well for most I don't care). And I take part in about all and any local conventions.

No, I don't assume anything. I use empirical evidence to demonstrate that a majority of people I interact with sleeve their games. From Gen Con to BGG CON to local meetups, one of which is huge. II'm not claiming 99% of people do, as you are claiming 99% of don't, but if only 99% of people sleeved then there wouldn't be the market for boardgame sleeves that there is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you know that the big well that holds the visioncards can actually hold them sleeved as well. They just don't all fit into them.

If they would have made the other places for the psychic cards a bit larger they would have also hold sleeved cards. Make them also a bit deeper and by spreading all the cards over those three slots it would probably be possible to have them all in there sleeved.

So imo yes it is possible to make an insert that is ok for sleeved and non sleeved cards. To bad this game does not have it, cause I am certainly sleeving these gorgeous looking cards.

So I will have to lookout for a way to store this sleeved now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Min Yen Wang
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools

We cut out the top two card wells, put all the sleeved ghost cards and vision cards in bags and slot them under the insert. Not the neatest box, but all our sleeved cards are in the box and we get to keep the insert for the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eery Petrol
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing the elements back in the box is very open to personal preference in my experience. I personally like to explain the game's mechanics to new players as I take out related elements, and so I place the pieces into the box to accommodate that. Nice touch: place the score markers for each medium character under the corresponding vote markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't handle these cards enough in the game to justify sleeving. Sleeves also create more glare and dampen colors. I haven't had any cards wear down from any game not being sleeved, and sleeves take away some of the beauty of the artwork. Deck builders are the only games I would consider sleeving.

This insert is beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Something
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Baelrath wrote:
So I will have to lookout for a way to store this sleeved now.

I slightly adjusted the insert and now it stores all the sleeved cards! Check out my detailed forum post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.