Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that they are required, but I created some VERY rough English cards to be used either as paste-ups or replacements.

They are now posted in the file section. Let me know what you think... and whether I got any of the translations wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you say 'Not that they are required'?

I've been looking at this game. I see it's been tagged as language dependant 0 AND language dependant 1. But, with the amount of text that looks like is on the cards, it seems like there would be a lot of down time trying to figure out what each card is used for. Or is the text mainly flavor and does it have mostly symbols on the cards to denote actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on the cards is mostly a sentence describing the information that is also listed on the cards with symbols.

There are 11 different kinds of cards. There are 3 major characters, which are easy to understand after a few turns. There are the 3 characters who score points when those 3 main characters are played. The only mans that you have to look at your cheat sheet for the 5 characters with special powers, and even these aren't hard to get used to.

While having the cards in english would definitely help, the game is VERY playable with the translation in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Why do you say 'Not that they are required'?

I've been looking at this game. I see it's been tagged as language dependant 0 AND language dependant 1. But, with the amount of text that looks like is on the cards, it seems like there would be a lot of down time trying to figure out what each card is used for. Or is the text mainly flavor and does it have mostly symbols on the cards to denote actions?

It is actually very easy to remember the cards just from the pictures and icons on them. We had no trouble remembering them after a few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate you all. As my 6 year old would say "you are as mean as a witch" (no offense to wicans).

I had not put it on my 'must have' list because I thought there was to much text. When I saw his comments related to the card text, I figured it might not be important text.

Great another game for me to think about buying. It's getting to hard to pick out a game to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are excellent! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.