Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Hammen
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I ran a 3 player game of Wyatt Earp last night at my FLGS's game night. All three players had never played before. The games is played over a series of rounds until someone has reached $25k.

The game went 4 rounds. After the first round, Player 3 had taken a giant lead, having $12k. Player 1 only had $2k, and Player 2 had $3k.

In round two, Player 1 ended the round on his second turn. He was able to get up to $10k, while Player 3 gained nothing. Player 2 also gain a fair amount, and after two rounds the game was pretty close.

Round three changed all of that. Player 2 would up ending the round, and he had $23k. Players 1 and 3 both had $17k.

Round 4 was a strong round for each player, but Player 3 had such a strong lead, he could not be taken down. The finally money count was $32k for Player 2, and $27k for both Player 1 and 3.

I liked this game. Would love to play again with 4 players, and I am curious to find out if being the 4th player in a round causes a big disadvantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I have always thought 3 player is best. At 4 players the deck gets strained S bit. Still works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I concur with the designer! I'll add that 4p is also diminished by the increased chaos/luck-factor. Still good light fun at 4p, especially for new players who tend to get a kick out of the theme, but 3p is the sweetspot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.