Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory McAllister
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is that time of year when GMT gives us a great deal on their games and I'm trying to figure out what to get. I was considering the Flying Colors series but it looks like they are all out of print except for their most recent game. I'm eligible for three games (or four since I'm not sure I remember how the sale worked last year). So what do you guys recommend? What are you planning to get for the sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, all the COIN are OOP, as is Churchill. Whoops, Fire in the Lake is still available.

I don't think my one P500 for LoD will count for a discount, but if I were buying, I'd get Wing Leader: Victories 1940-1942.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedro M wrote:
It is that time of year when GMT gives us a great deal on their games and I'm trying to figure out what to get. I was considering the Flying Colors series but it looks like they are all out of print except for their most recent game. I'm eligible for three games (or four since I'm not sure I remember how the sale worked last year). So what do you guys recommend? What are you planning to get for the sale?

Not sure I need anything this year. I'm backed up with games I haven't played yet, and I just received Churchill and Wing Leader: Victories 1940-1942. My plan is to spend my time playing something rather than daydream about what else I might buy or (worse yet) reading the daydreams of others.

Hold on a minute, why am I here again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
According to what's in stock now:

Wing Leader
Empire of the Sun (reprint)
1914: Glory's End / When Eagles Fight
For the People
Counter Trays
Fighting Formations: GD Infantry Div. (Chad Jensen for $23??)

Ugh ... gonna have to narrow it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Can someone explain how this works, I only pre-ordered Empire of the Sun this year, will I still be given the chance to get a discount?

Thanks,
Eburden
turks1966
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory McAllister
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turks1966 wrote:
Hi,
Can someone explain how this works, I only pre-ordered Empire of the Sun this year, will I still be given the chance to get a discount?

Thanks,
Eburden
turks1966

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken here since I am going on memory but I believe last year you were allowed to order the same number of games you preordered plus one at 50% off. For example, I preordered two games this year, so I qualify for up to three games at 50% off. That's how I remember it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedro M wrote:
turks1966 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Eburden
turks1966

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken here since I am going on memory but I believe last year you were allowed to order the same number of games you preordered plus one at 50% off. For example, I preordered two games this year, so I qualify for up to three games at 50% off. That's how I remember it anyway.

Yes that is correct for last year's sale. It should be the same this year, but we will have to wait and see. It's only good for in stock GMT published games and C3i magazine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Swekla
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like they said. In the past everyone gets 1 game at 50% off, then add 1 more game for 50% off for every game that got shipped to you this year that you had p500.

I can't decide what to get since so many are sold out. I should be eligible for 3, but only Wilderness war is really the only that grabs me. But with exchange rate and shipping probably cheaper to get it locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
No Retreat 4 is the only one that sticks out at me right now.

I didn't know the counter trays were included in the sale. I'll probably grab a pack of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past it's been possible to order a P500 title that will be shipped before the end of the year to count toward the number of 50% off titles you can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping Conquest of Paradise comes out so I can buy it!

I now know what this P500 bug is. The wait, the anguish, the desire to play the game so you consider buying an earlier edition BUT the desire to have the game new in the newest bestest form so you hold off and don't buy it....

GMT, hear my cry! Release Conquest of Paradise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Genesis: Empires and Kingdoms of the Ancient Middle East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lower
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I love a game of Up Front. Thanks WV!
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to be Combat Commander: Mediterranean for me. I picked up CC:Europe for Christmas last year and I love it!

It's too bad Twilight Struggle is OOP right now. I'm curious as to what all of the fuss is about...

- Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Howard
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Maybe Genesis: The Bronze Age.

Got to play a three player the other night. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Pedro M wrote:

Not sure I need anything this year. I'm backed up with games I haven't played yet, and I just received Churchill and Wing Leader: Victories 1940-1942. My plan is to spend my time playing something rather than daydream about what else I might buy or (worse yet) reading the daydreams of others.

Hold on a minute, why am I here again?

That's right Mr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work? Do GMT email you and let you know how many discounted games you qualify for?

When does this normally run from/to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
How does this work? Do GMT email you and let you know how many discounted games you qualify for?

When does this normally run from/to?

This year, it runs from October 20-31. I'm not aware of GMT telling you anywhere how many 50% games you're eligible for, AFAIK you need to figure that out yourself. Logging onto the GMT website and looking at 'My Account' is probably the best way to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count the number of p500 games you received since lady Oct, add one, you're eligible for that many in stock games at 50%off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked up the fall sale announcements from the previous two years, and they did include specific lists of games that counted towards the 50% discount. So it should be pretty easy to figure out how many 50% items you're entitled to.

As for what I'll be ordering: I'm entitled to three games at 50%, and that's how many I'll order. No 20% items for me.

As of now, I'm locked into Germantown (not owning even one GBACW game just won't do) and Chandragupta (GBoH fanboy that I am). Not sure about the third one. Candidates are (among others):
Blood & Roses
Genesis: Empires and Kingdoms of the Ancient Middle East
For the People
Fading Glory
Thunder Alley
Mr. Madison's War: The Incredible War of 1812
Hellenes: Campaigns of the Peloponnesian War
Manoeuvre
Sun of York

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levandowski
United States
Pittsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the game trays. You can get a pack of 10 at the discount as well (assuming this year works like last year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cruces
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halmut

I recommend For the People.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tham
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Best game ever!
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Triumph & Tragedy is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cruces wrote:
Halmut

I recommend For the People.

Thank you. It is actually the frontrunner now. I don't own a stratgic ACW game yet, and I am a CDG fan, so I guess you cannot go wrong with buying it before it goes OOP again.

I think I also need to look more closely at T&T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory McAllister
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might order Deluxe Alexander if it includes the corrected counters. Otherwise, I'll order something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedro M wrote:
I might order Deluxe Alexander if it includes the corrected counters. Otherwise, I'll order something else.

It should do, we've all had our replacements by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.