7 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Mission 6 Accomplished...in round 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Blackdakis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I just want to be sure I did everything right.
Round 1: The Agents(exept the Hulk) moved towards the the signal to their left in the upper room.No aliens in the map,so no "activate all aliens"effect.
Event Phase:EMP STORM,Teleport 2 signals

Round 2:The Marine gets in the room and stops two hexes away from the signal waiting to use his"guard reaction".
The Sniper enters the room scans the signal,I move the T.Ps.and the green Xeno-Alpha comes into play.I draw "Alien Plans"and reveal 3 signals.The marine reacts but no wounds are dealt.The Sniper deals 1 wound.
The Xeno-Alpha attacks and moves one area to the south(still inside a room).
The Infiltrator reaches him and attacks him dealing 1 wound,uses her adrenaline device dealing 1 more.
The Xeno-Aplha deals 4 wounds(EMP STORM in effect until the next "event phase") and moves out from the room,1 area to the south.
The Hulk is 2 areas away and... is dealing 4 hits with the "Vulkan"discards 4 ammo(not even all) for +4 hits and with his +2Hits tactic he deals 10 hits.Since I'm playing with the "high impact"rule the Xeno-Alpha must roll 5 defense dice.
Overkill.
Even without the "high impact"it would be very unlikely for it to survive this attack.

Am I missing something or it's really easy to win this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, the mission cannot be won in the 2nd round since the mission status for 'Mission Accomplished' says
GD Storybook p. 28 wrote:
There are no aliens AND no Alien Signals in play at the end of the mission.

I guess that means, you have to play up to the 12th event.
Otherwise you could also win mission 5 in round 1 before doing anything, couldn't you? And if I'm reading it right, you just partially accomplished the mission, because there should have been some more signals in play?

I also assumed that the Scanning Rule 'replace the scanned Alien Signal with the Xeno-Alpha' is applied everytime an agent is scanning successfully. So the Alpha returns over and over again.

I could be wrong anyway?! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Blackdakis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seqcon wrote:
I think, the mission cannot be won in the 2nd round since the mission status for 'Mission Accomplished' says
GD Storybook p. 28 wrote:
There are no aliens AND no Alien Signals in play at the end of the mission.

I guess that means, you have to play up to the 12th event.
Otherwise you could also win mission 5 in round 1 before doing anything, couldn't you? And if I'm reading it right, you just partially accomplished the mission, because there should have been some more signals in play?

I also assumed that the Scanning Rule 'replace the scanned Alien Signal with the Xeno-Alpha' is applied everytime an agent is scanning successfully. So the Alpha returns over and over again.

I could be wrong anyway?! whistle

Actually the story book says "The mission is accomplished with ANY of the following conditions." The one you wrote is the second.The first one is to kill the Xeno-Alpha.
Except I had to do both of these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems as if your storybook is different from mine?!:

Mine even explicitly says when the missions ends (after the last Event card is drawn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Blackdakis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed ,I think I have the updated with the "smart"ersions of some missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So maybe you should try the original version. I definitely don't think the missions are too easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
The point about revealing signal after you get into its range is valid as well. You evaluate vision to the signal while moving hex by hex and in whatever moment you get the signal into your LOS, it becomes revealed.

Also there is a note, that the limited vision optional rule is not applied here so even if your agent does not face the right direction it "sees the signal for the purpose of revealing it" if you can trace the direct line to it from your agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.