1 Posts

Hacienda» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Land wars, sigh ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Geroski
United States
flag msg tools
Right from the start it was obvious to us that the gringos were going to be a problem. They cut our fences and moved their cattle onto lands that should have been for our sheep. Right smack dab in the middle of my three-hex chain where Cisco and me were getting our sheep to market, this cowherder drops a claim and starts herding his black angus across the pampas land to the market.

So Cisco and me, we started raising pigs on the other side of the prairie where some other gringo sold us some good swampland and rocks for only a few pesos. We were close to water and another market, but just when we started to get our pigs across the pampas, here comes some horse rancher blocking us from the water. At least we made it to the market and got some pesos so we could buy some better land.

Things were going real good for a while, and we got our sheep and pigs to some of the markets and managed to have a water hole all to ourselves. But the filthy horse ranchers and cattle herders kept jumping our claims, so we started doing it too. Cisco even went out and bought some horses, the crazy fool. I told him he didn’t nothing about horses, but he wouldn’t listen. He surprised me by getting them to market from a rock and a mountain he bought in the middle of cow country. We were pretty desperate for some pampas, but there was none to be had, so we just chipped away at whatever land we could get—mostly rock, swamp and mountain. The gringos laughed at us for buying up the rocks and swamp, but, the funny thing is, it didn’t seem to matter what kind of land we farmed or ranched because we got the same pesos no matter what and could still get the animals to market.

After we harvested on the best land chain we had, we got enough money for a hacienda. Mama was proud of us. Then we could even afford to buy some water for our livestock, and that was pretty good. We got more and more livestock to market, which helped a lot, but that fool Cisco passed up a chance to buy a second hacienda, and it cost us because we ended up losing the game by about 5 points.

Next time, we’re going to get us some cattle and horses and start cutting fences and jumping gringo claims to show them how it feels. Cisco thinks he likes horses now, but I still prefer the sheep.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.