GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Bohnaparte» Forums » General

Subject: Amigo's & RGG's Bohnaparte: Liberté! Egalité! Bohnité! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lookout's Bohnaparte included 33 cards (including the summary card), and their Dschingis Bohn included 33 (including its summary card). Each had 60 counters - 12 for each of the 3-5 players. You could use either or both with Bohnanza.

Then, along came Amigo's Bohnaparte: Liberté! Egalité! Bohnité!, which includes 50 cards and 72 counters - 12 for each of its 3-6 players.

Can anyone identify whether Bohnaparte: Liberté! Egalité! Bohnité! comprises both of Lookout's expansions?

I can provide the information about Lookout's releases, and may photograph their entire contents tonight so we can figure out what has happened. I think the secret agenda with the Bohnanza family of games is to confuse the customer as much as possible.

First Lookout releases an expansion. Then Amigo clarifies it with nice icons, but adds other gameplay elements to it. Then Rio Grande either simply translates it to English, or combines parts of it with parts of something else to release their own selection of the Bohnanza universe. Are you following this?

The Bohnanza series wiki page is a moderately thorough account.

Thank you, fellow Bohnengeeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By looking at the contents of Bohnaparte: Liberté! Egalité! Bohnité!, Bohnaparte, and Dschingis Bohn I've confirmed that Bohnaparte: Liberté! Egalité! Bohnité! is kind of a mishmash of the other two, so it is definitely a different release than Lookout's Bohnaparte. It has different components than either of Lookout's releases, and isn't even the same as the total of the two. It's its own beastie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.