Hide
5 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
msg tools
1) I know you can't play a die if the total you are placing is less than the divisor. Can you choose to not place a die if you have a valid spot for it?

2) You can discard card parts by choice during the build phase. What about the race phase?

3) Can you play multiple Boost Cards in the same phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W.
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer is yes to all but I don't have the game out at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes, and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go a slightly different tack to the rest on #2 - Yes, you can do it, but generally you don't want to. Cards discarded in this way won't count toward resolving any damage that you've taken this turn, and it's generally better to vent the cards (eventually) rather than just drop them entirely. There are a few exceptions to this (such as the Jump Jet boost card if you're sitting at 5 parts on your machine), but they are certainly few and far between in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a situational judgement call. I usually don't do that, but in the last game I had the Auger loaded up with three 6's and a 5. I happened to get another one passed to me in the draft and nothing else I HAD to have, so that was a cheap vent for me--I simply ditched the loaded one for a new one. The other option was to get my hands on 12 cogs to vent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.