Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules about how many redraws the ghost gets (depending on difficulty level), but they seem to apply only to the first part of the game.

For the second part, finding the true culprit, does that count as another game round? i.e. Is a redraw is allowed on easy level, or does this count as a different phase, meaning no redraws are allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played it as a phase you can pitch and draw in. I intentionally save a raven for this on medium difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, we played tonight on easy with the kids and I ( as the ghost) drew a fresh hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
Pg. 9 - Discarding vision cards:

At any point in the game (including during the Revealing the culprit phase), the ghost may discard any or all of his vision cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ottrod wrote:

At any point in the game (including during the Revealing the culprit phase), the ghost may discard any or all of his vision cards

aha! well, I'd decided to play like that anyway, but nice to see the rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ottrod wrote:

This clears things up for Medium and Hard as as those gets crows per game. But on easy you get 1 crow per turn. Is Phase 2: Revealing the Culprit a turn?

Also on Medium with 3 crows per game, can you use 2 or all 3 of your crows on the same turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played "yes" to your second question.

And I think I'd say "yes" to the first, too. It seems fair, and you're playing on easy anyway. It's probably more a learning game, or a game just for fun, than looking for the challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I've poured over the rules and I don't think it is clear but of course we can house-rule it any way we like.

We have been playing it as "yes" to both my questions.

Strategy is a little different on Easy because you use your crow for each turn or you loose it. So we pretty much use it every turn sometimes at the end of the turn after we know who is going to move forward. That is almost like saving it and using it on the next turn. When I'm the ghost I nearly always save the crow for the end of the turn. Then at the end of the 7th hour, I use my 7th and then I still have one for Revealing the Culprit so it's like I get 2 for that last phase.

For Medium, if you can use all 3 crows during Revealing the Culprit then there is more incentive to save them all. If you can only use 1 per turn then when you get closer to end game, if you have crows left, the strategy switches to the same as Easy. You have to start using them or loosing them. So you should use your 1st crow no later than the end of the 6th hour.

We are having difficulty switching from Easy to Medium. We nearly always win on Easy and we nearly always loose on Medium. I'm considering doing a gradual shift by reducing the number of crows from 8 to 7 to 6 etc. each time we play or maybe just each time we win. I have to decide when to shift from "at most 1 per turn" to "you can use any of your crows at any time." Perhaps that's the first change we should make and then start reducing crows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snow
msg tools
rainbowrose wrote:
Wey are having difficulty switching from Easy to Medium. We nearly always win on Easy and we nearly always loose on Medium. I'm considering doing a gradual shift by reducing the number of crows from 8 to 7 to 6 etc. each time we play or maybe just each time we win. I have to decide when to shift from "at most 1 per turn" to "you can use any of your crows at any time." Perhaps that's the first change we should make and then start reducing crows.

Maybe start with three crows and at the beginning of hour four when you give back used clairvoyancy tokens take back any of the used crows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wildsnowllama wrote:
rainbowrose wrote:
Wey are having difficulty switching from Easy to Medium. We nearly always win on Easy and we nearly always loose on Medium. I'm considering doing a gradual shift by reducing the number of crows from 8 to 7 to 6 etc. each time we play or maybe just each time we win. I have to decide when to shift from "at most 1 per turn" to "you can use any of your crows at any time." Perhaps that's the first change we should make and then start reducing crows.

Maybe start with three crows and at the beginning of hour four when you give back used clairvoyancy tokens take back any of the used crows.

That works out, in practice, as pretty close to the Easy ravens - you have one per round for the first three rounds but with the added flexibility of using more than one in the same round if you choose, then three for the remaining up to four rounds and the final phase - harder than Easy in only having up to 6 ravens rather than 8 but easier in being able to use ravens twice or even three times in one round...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.