Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Surprisingly, there are no reviews of Blocks in Afrika as a single game. I am not interested in the other two theaters, but I have always enjoyed North Africa games. Is it worth getting this one? How does it compare to Rommel in the Desert, for instance? Is there a campaign game just for this theater, or only scenarios? And why only one US unit if the game goes into 1943?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Skiprydell wrote:
Surprisingly, there are no reviews of Blocks in Afrika as a single game. I am not interested in the other two theaters, but I have always enjoyed North Africa games. Is it worth getting this one? How does it compare to Rommel in the Desert, for instance? Is there a campaign game just for this theater, or only scenarios? And why only one US unit if the game goes into 1943?

my understanding is there is no stand alone campaign. just a series of battle.
There should be a campaign game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

My impression was that it was more of an expansion. Feel free to shoot me down in flames I have just been dipping my toe in, watching videos, reading reports etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Scenarios are:

1. Operation Exporter Jun-July 41
2. Middle east uprising May-Sept 41
3. Operation Compass Nov40-Mar 41
4. The Desert Fox Mar -July 41
5. El Alamein Oct 42-Feb 43
6. Tobruk June-Oct 42

and 4 Naval Battles

Each turn in the game is a full month.whistle

Also Guys the Game Developer Emanuele Santandrea has spent a lot of time on here, answering our questions. He has been very, very helpful. If you read a lot of the threads it will answer your questions.

Preston-Razorbacjac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The "reviews/discussions" of this game only mention it as a part of the greater ETO. Nobody talks about playing the game separate from the other sets. So I assume that this is not a fully functional NA game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skiprydell wrote:
The "reviews/discussions" of this game only mention it as a part of the greater ETO. Nobody talks about playing the game separate from the other sets. So I assume that this is not a fully functional NA game.

Hello Tom,

well, it is a fully functional stand alone game.

As already others have said, there are 10 scenarios.

What does make you thinking that it is not a stand alone game?

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.