Subject: Mass cards ruining the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played Mystery of the Abbey for the first time and had four players. Are you really supposed to go to mass after every four turns? It felt like we were constantly getting called back for Mass and consequently no one made very many revelations. Also, matters were made worse when we drew an event card that said we must now play with the six person rules. Are we playing correctly by going to chapel for mass after every four (or even 3 turns)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
you get 4 turns to potentially question the other players which is the most important part of the game, and that means there's usually only 2 turns where you actually get to go to a room and do an action.

If the Mass cards were absent or the time between masses were longer, the game would wind up being a lot longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you're playing it right. I think the reason for it is to prevent a player from heading for their favorite room (say, the Scriptorium) and going in, going out, going in, going out....

As for revelations, I think that's usually going to be a minor part of the game, at least for most people. I either commit early in the game to making a revelation almost every round, or (more often) just ignoring them.

--Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.