Popular Tags: [View All]
Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have seen pictures of colour coded plastic Judge playing pieces, but have also seen copies of this game being sold with plain and simple Clue/ludo style plastic blobs. Are there 2 variations of pieces supplied, or has someone swiped the Judge figures, or were the Judges dropped in favour of the simpler (and cheaper to produce) blobules?
Sadly my copy has blobs cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy when it first came out all those years ago and yes indeed, it contains 6 different coloured judge pieces. Didn't realise they had skimped on the pieces of late, sorry to hear that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Firth
Australia
Williams Landing
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought my copy on ebay late last year and the playing pieces were of the "blob" or "cluedo" type. A bit of a shame really as the quality of the rest of the components is pretty good. I guess GW were able to save a few $ by using cheapo playing pieces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
One guess could be that the 'halma' pieces were packed with UK editions (where Dredd already had some level of popularity, and the Citadel miniatures were available) whilst plastic figures were packed in US editions (where the game would have had to sell on its own merits rather than rely purely on 2000AD fandom?). Or the first run had miniatures and the second run given cheap n nasties...

Anyhoo, have replaced mine with painted Ciadel minis (shame I can't replace the perp cards with minis too, but that'd be a bit of a give away!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the versions I've come across have had the generic style of pieces, including the one I bought at the time. It's only more recently that I've found sets with the Judge figures. My guess is that it's either US/UK and so the US version has only recently made it's way into the UK, or perhaps the early sets had the generic pieces and when the game came to be reprinted they went for the Judge figures. I doubt they would have had the judge figures for the early copies and then not used them in later copies.

Cheers,

Wake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bullions
England
Hayes
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine just had the normal pawns (as seen in BGG image 196490). I didn't know, until I read this thread, that some games had proper figures. If it helps any, I brought my game in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sarnecki
Australia
Melbourne (north)
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine, in the UK, when it came out, with the sculpts:

Didn't realise there were 'blob' copies around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delattre alain
France
orleans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i personaly use the indy clix version for play, there is judge dredd and some other hjudge , you also get judge death , but only in the europen version, the us version get the darkness/wichblade universe instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had pawns originally, but then on a later visit to the local GW store they were selling coloured Judge figures for playing pieces, so my copy has both halma pawns and coloured judges - I just checked to be sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.