Hide
3 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Loving this game so much rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Evers
msg tools
Just came off the back of a 2 hour match with my GF. I was playing NW and Bara and she was playing Targ and Tyrell. Basically the wall came out super early for me and I spent the entire game going 2nd and making hardly any challenges but always making sure I had the right defenders out. I won by 1 power. That's just great thematically!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
flyattic wrote:
Just came off the back of a 2 hour match with my GF. I was playing NW and Bara and she was playing Targ and Tyrell. Basically the wall came out super early for me and I spent the entire game going 2nd and making hardly any challenges but always making sure I had the right defenders out. I won by 1 power. That's just great thematically!

Great to hear a good first experience! I think you'll find the game speeds up a bit (an average game really is 30-45 minutes, and "tournament" rounds are an hour and rarely go to time) as you get more familiar with the cards, but even as they move faster you still get that occasional gem of a 15-14 game. Love 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melee games seems to require a quite a lot time by using Only the Core set cards. Every time when someone manages to gets his deck rolling, someone plays Warys or Wildfire and cleaned the table. So very few unopposed attacks in 4 player Melee at this moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.