Subject: German Multilingual second editon question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools
Hi to everybody that knows the answer:

I am about to buy the German Second edition of the game and I am wondering if, apart from the box, is there anything else that is written in German only?
The price is right now and I love games with inserts.
I do not mind about the rules written in three or four languages...

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know specifically about the german edition, but in the american version the only text on the cards is the name of each character (and those will probably remain the same regardless of the language). Everything else including the effects of the card and the spots and actions on the board, are language-independant icons. In fact, the board only has 2 names written on it: Saint Louis at the starting space and Fort Clatsop at the finish line (besides a couple of geographical details like "gulf of Mexico" or "great plains") but nothing that requires reading to be able to play.

Those reference cards on the lower left are not included in the second edition, but you can PnP them in your preferred language, the file is available on the publisher's website.

You may need an english manual to reference the effects of a few of the weirder icons that may not be very clear at first sight, but if the german version includes an english manual (or you are ok with a printed one from BGG), you can play the game fine no matter which version you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools
Thanks Mauricio!
I think also that nothing needs to be in German on the actual game, but I thought I'd ask fearing something I hadn't known...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.