Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all, would like to know some feedback from people about the game.

Some people were providing feedback based on previous pics instead of the actual game but really would like to know if anyone in Essen has had the opportunity to play it there.

Cheers and looking forward to this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Freire
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine that has gone to Essen is bringing it to me, I'll only play next week :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the game, basically. I think some objective cards can have few more images, but I just show few. One of my glass beads was chipped, but it doesn't matter - they're too big anyway and the dark, strong colors don't match the overall game palette, so I've quickly replaced them with smaller ones with better colors. The board is quite small (think 4 beer coasters) and rather cheaply made. The cards are fine, good quality. The artwork is cute, but make no mistake, this is a strictly logical game and its mechanics actively prevent you from looking at pictures, because you have to have your cards arranged in such a way, that you don't see half of the card.

We've played it twice and lost twice. I think I have some questions for the rules, there are some abiguities. The balance mechanic is good and there is something to it, but I cannot tell now if I like the game. The whole "fixing emotions" is pretty weak theme and not conveyed very good in the game. The rules basically say that it's a coop, but you cannot cooperate, meaning - you cannot discuss best moves and you cannot talk about the game. It creates an rather awkward tension, that's not really enjoyable. I suppose it was to mirror the emotional state of two people, but I'm not convinced if that's the best way to do it in the board game. All in all, I just have to play more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Sabastien! I really appreciate this response.

I'm not too worried about the tokens (which seems to be the biggest complaint) as I have my own spare ones from my own supplies. I knew the board was small as I read the dimensions before I backed it.

Full disclosure: My sister backed it because she felt it may have been a good gateway game at work. She works with children with autism and they seem to respond to colours and tactile pieces and can be difficult to communicate with so when she saw this, she was curious to see if this would be something they would respond to.

Regardless, I am looking forward to it as well!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENTROLL wrote:

Full disclosure: My sister backed it because she felt it may have been a good gateway game at work. She works with children with autism and they seem to respond to colours and tactile pieces and can be difficult to communicate with so when she saw this, she was curious to see if this would be something they would respond to.

Maybe, but probably not. It's just a logic game. I could probably think of others games that could help here better, one of Essen games, Bellz, being a first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
RAVENTROLL wrote:

Maybe, but probably not. It's just a logic game. I could probably think of others games that could help here better, one of Essen games, Bellz, being a first one.

A 'dexterity/magnetic' style game was used before (Yikerz!) and they got very frustrated very quickly. This is why she was thinking more the logic game. I'm not saying it won't be a challenge to 'teach' but visually, it should be worth considering. If not, well I get to learn to communicate with my sister

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.