Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm in the process of trying to teach myself this game and I have a question about MAFs and supporting formations. It's hard to tell from this image but the German stack getting attacked is four 2-strength infantry from the 352nd. The southern attacking British stack consists of two 6 strength infantry from the 50th division with an armor of 1 strength (lost a step). The attacking stack to the east consists of two 6 strength infantry, also from the 50th division.

Would I have to define the southern stack as the MAF with the eastern stack being support (i.e. 1/2 attack strength) or would all 4 infantry be considered the MAF because they are from the same division?

I suppose it wouldn't matter too much in this because both ways would top out at 18 factors for the attacker. But I just wanted to get clarification whether the divisions of an MAF can split across multiple stacks or if one stack must be the MAF and any others in the battle relegated to supporting role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kiertscher
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
Weltenbeherrscher
mbmbmbmbmb
hi leroy, you choose the 50th division to be the MAF so all units from that division plus up to one extra unit (in your case the tank) will be the MAF. This means all of your units are in the MAF and thus can attack with full strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon is correct.

It is by formation, not by HEX (unless the MAF is a Kampfgruppe/Battle group ~10.3.2).

-K
Co-developer, N'44
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a small update, but I've been practicing through the rules and movement on Vassal a couple nights a week and everything is starting to sink in now (although I probably need the most practice at staying neutral and not always wanting the Allies to win haha).

This is simply a wonderful game. I'm really glad I bought this one. Even though the learning curve has been a bit steep, It's been a fun challenge.

I'm on Turn 3 of my current game and I just rolled a 5 for weather so shit gonna get real for the Germans!

Got a couple of vacation days coming up so I plan on spreading everything out with the plexi I just bought and counters and everything and making a weekend event out of it. Who knows, maybe my GF will be curious enough to want to try it out. Wishful thinking, but maybe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.