Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I found a cave card with number for the same story entry twice on the same card.
Rolling 1 and 5 both gives the entry 146, and on the same card 3 and 6 gives the entry 177.
Not sure if this is a mistake or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son also spotted this, and wondered the same.

Perhaps they ended up two stories short of a multiple of six, so decided to double up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same card too.
Since all the stories are referenced once (expect the ones that are the 'second part' of another story), I suppose they duplicated those two stories instead of inventing a couple more at the last moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like that could be the case. To bad both the duplicates ended up on the same card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Richards
United States
Sheldon
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is on the same card then you will not run into it again on another card. Makes sense to have the duplicate on the same card. Only that card will have that entry as opposed to 2 cards. Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
STRETCH625 wrote:
If it is on the same card then you will not run into it again on another card. Makes sense to have the duplicate on the same card. Only that card will have that entry as opposed to 2 cards. Just my opinion.

Indeed if the duplicates were on different cards you could run into them in the same game.
I don't win a lottery ever but I'm sure I would run into those duplicate stories in my first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STRETCH625 wrote:

True! But two duplicates on the same card? Makes me feel cheated of a chance to pick an awesome adventure of six possible, when in reality there are only four possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Richards
United States
Sheldon
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully it is just one card. i can live with one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just typed all the numbers on all the cave cards, This is the only card that has repeating numbers. Every other card in the game has a unique number to them, there are not even numbers that repeat on two different cards.

So at the very least you will not run into the same event twice if you go though each card in the deck once and do all the numbers on each card once, besides this card with 146, and 177.

I also checked the numbers that are in the book, and none of them are missing from the cards, so this is not really a misprint, as much as they are 2 story's short and so had two numbers repeat on one card.

I hope this helps you guys out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronPython wrote:
Just typed all the numbers on all the cave cards, This is the only card that has repeating numbers. Every other card in the game has a unique number to them, there are not even numbers that repeat on two different cards.

So at the very least you will not run into the same event twice if you go though each card in the deck once and do all the numbers on each card once, besides this card with 146, and 177.

I also checked the numbers that are in the book, and none of them are missing from the cards, so this is not really a misprint, as much as they are 2 story's short and so had two numbers repeat on one card.

I hope this helps you guys out.

Great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i also would like to know if this is a misprint. Can some one from Red Raven let us know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as every encounter in the book has a number printed on a card. My guess is, this is not a misprint. If it was, there would be two numbers in the Encounter Book that don't show up on a card, which is not the case.

My guess is, they were 2 encounters short, so to prevent someone from running into the same encounter twice in a single game, they put two of the same numbers twice on the same card. This prevents you from ever reading the same story twice if you go though all the cards once.

You could email them if you want and ask, but my guess is they will tell you what I just did. ^,..,^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowers
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because, I went through today and checked this out. I jotted down 1-215 on a piece of paper and X'd off anything on a card. The remaining numbers, I flipped through the book itself. Each of those numbers have an asterisk next to the name. I didn't actually read anything, but I presume the missing numbers (67 of them) are all continuations of card-based story numbers.

So yes, they were two stories shy, so doubled up the numbers on that card. Hopefully this'll settle it as 'mystery solved'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
i also would like to know if this is a misprint. Can some one from Red Raven let us know?

Yes, we had to double up the encounters on this one card, so it wasn't a misprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.