Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: A recent card you are thankful for and why... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the spirit of Thanksgiving (this weekend in Canada and next month in the USA), name a recent addition to this game (card or ship) and why you are thankful for it.

For me, it's the new Klingon crew Worf from the I.K.S. Rotarran. He's only 2 points and gives +3 skill to a Klingon captain.

For me, this is a far more thematic Worf. I know that Worf did captain the Koraga and the Defiant, but more often he was a first officer or other type of bridge officer. He was the tactical officer on Gowron's Vor'cha-class Bortas at the end of TNG's Redemption Part 1, he was a bridge officer on his brother Kurn's Bird-of-Prey I.K.S. Hegh'ta at the start of Redemption Part 2, he was first officer on the Ch'tang and then on the Rotarran several times, and he was a bridge officer on the Enterprise D and the Defiant.

So, now my Klingon fleet builds just seem a lot more thematic with him on my Klingon Birds-of-Prey and at 2 points for what he does, he's an auto include.

I even very much appreciate that in this card's pic, he is in a Klingon uniform rather than the Starfleet outfit.

So, thank you, WK, for IMHO a more thematic Worf who will take his rightful place by his Klingon captain's side, in Klingon uniform doing a great job for a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Idea!

For me, it's Bioship Omega. I love that the ship brings in a really cool, though highly situational, ability to mess with a ship's movement. But more than that, a 3rd Bioship really does show some commitment to the faction, and that is a great thing to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kor 6, he added one of my favourite characters to the game and simultaneously returned Klingons to competitive viability, what more could the empire ask of him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unimatrix Shielding. I'm really happy about what Systems Upgrade has done to make a lot of ships more playable (hello, Equinox!), and now there's a retail alternative that's arguably even better in many cases.

I'm also hopeful that as ships come to derive more and more of their value from upgrades like this, that there'll start to be a place for some of the long-neglected gankers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say Upgraded Phasers from the Lakota. Between that and Type 8 Phasers I can build the 5 attack Defiant I have always wanted

Kor 8 is also something I am thankful for. He is a great addition to the Klingons and a lot of fun in TOS games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know this doesn't qualify as recent at all. But ever since they were announced last year I really looked forward to both the Vidiian and Hirogen ships. Both of them are plenty of fun, though I became especially enamored with the Hirogen Hunter and in the last calendar year I think I've played more Hirogen Hunter trios than any other fleet.

And on top of that, I love Monotanium Armor Plating. In my experience many people forget about it and I end shedding the target locks more often than not. Now, if I could only have such a high success rate with rolling Evades on Defense Dice when I'm actually rolling for Defense ....then I'd be golden!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Stanley
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To be honest mine is the U.S.S.Thunderchild
Reasons:
Favorite Federation ship of all time
Makes a valid point to use a'hab picard
Pain in the ass to build with thanks to the forward 90 arc and different to standard upgrade bar meaning I actually have to think!
Thematic expansion pack to go with her
Perfect capital ship to go with the U.S.S.Yeager and hopefully montgolfier

Sorry not sorry looking forward to the Robinson pack hopefully a ds9 crew pack with a jem'hadar fighter attached and if possible a use full jadzia dax. Would love it if she followed the first officer route shown by rotarranworf, Pegasus riker. As she offered lifetimes of advice to sisko failing that can she have an ability that is use full?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just like Sodoff Baldrick wrote, the Type 8 Phaser upgrade has allowed me to build the Defiant I saw in the show on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ting
Australia
flag msg tools
Spiney_Norman wrote:
Kor 6, he added one of my favourite characters to the game and simultaneously returned Klingons to competitive viability, what more could the empire ask of him?

+1. Just played Kor 6 / Somraw at our last OP, that was brilliant. Kor is going into every fleet I can fit him into now.

Next build: let's see if I can have a crazy Kor / USS Thunderchild build going...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.