Subject: Carcassonne Tower--sides of tiles visible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dallas Jensen
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
Anyone have any great solutions for this problem? I like the tower for holding at least some of the pieces, but you can see roads and city pieces quite easily when they're tipped at that angle. Which, of course, renders the tower useless as anything but a storage component for us.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
i havent got the tower expansion yet. but when i do i just plan to keep using the great bag that came with one of the first expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution is to use the bag. The tower is definitely flawed because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, use the, or a, bag. The tower itself is a case of an overproduced expansion needlessly making it one of the most expansion Carcassonne expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Couldn't you just turn the tower around so that the tile edges aren't visible to anyone? zombie
Either that or grab a Sharpie and make all the edges black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Jensen
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
I thought about that. Has anyone tried that yet? My hesitation thus far has been for two reasons:
One, it's not technically the sides of the tiles that reveal a road or a city when they're placed in the tower, it's the small curved edge where the face of the tile meets the side. If that makes any sense at all.
Second, due to the above, I'd end up having black lines around all my tiles, visible on the top surface, with possible bleeding problems too.

So yeah, that's one potential solution but one I'm heistant to try just yet.

I think in the meantime I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing--make lots of little stacks, and distribute them. We have quite a large set (double basic game plus several expansions, some also doubled) so the bag doesn't work well. We put it all in a "Carcassonne: The City" box so it looks nicer (and fits better) and thus far the tower has just served as an insert to aid organization. Oh well.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just draw from the bottom of the tower instead of drawing the top most tile. Unless your chin is touching the table you won't be able to make out the sides of the bottom 10 tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Favaretto
Italy
Casier
(TV)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or append a piece of cloth on the front of the tower (and draw from bottom, of course).

Ciao
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dallasrobyn wrote:
I think in the meantime I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing--make lots of little stacks, and distribute them.

Exactly what we do, for one reason and one reason only:
My wife wants to be able to get at ANY tile easily.

She saw the tower and freaked! Her take was it would make her
play more difficult. She constantly re-arranges the stacks
continually moving them around as she plays (draws).

So, the tower is doomed to live its days out as an organizer
of sorts in our Big Box collection.

mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.