Subject: misslabled packets? anyone else have? (spoiler free) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Blizzard
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we had 3 missiles used on a single dice roll so we opened the section for that only to discover that it was very obviously the section for placing 30 troops and have a missile. Opened section for placing 30 troops and having a missile and it was the pack for using 3 missiles.

Anyone else have this? We were very disappointed as we have really been enjoying the surprise of each packet and now that surprise, through no fail of our own has been ruined.

Anyone else have this happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael edwards
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Had this exact same thing last weekend. Was kind of a bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also had the exact same thing happen with my group which is disappointing, as now our play decisions may be diffrent as we know what's coming in that packet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh oh! Our group just started tonight. Do you know if there's a way to decipher if the casing for these is correct? Now I'm nervous...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael edwards
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
There is no way to my knowledge. My best advice would be to allow one person who already knows whats supposed to be in them to slowly open it and look inside. If its wrong he can open the other and not spoil it for everyone.

If noone has played before. Well use your best judgement lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
much0gust0 wrote:
Uh oh! Our group just started tonight. Do you know if there's a way to decipher if the casing for these is correct? Now I'm nervous...

The 30+ Troops pack has 4 'The War Continues' cards.

The '3 Missiles' pack has 6 'The War Continues' cards.

That should be good if you only look at the card backs. (If you turn them so that the card backs are facing you then the 'War Continues' cards should be on the bottom)

I do have a visual clue that will let you know immediately when you open the package if it is correct, and will make sense once you open it, but may hint at the contents so I will hide it in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Edit: It may also spoil the type of contents in the second pack after you've opened the first (But not what those contents are)
The 30+ Troops pack is blue
The 3 missiles pack is orange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that was an excellent way to be helpful without spoiling anything! I didn't even look in the tag, but the card number should be enough. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, that's a bummer. Hasbro or whoever distributes now paying attention, I hope?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Chaney
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I Make Money Moves
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to us tonight. We had the 3 missiles happen, and the contents clearly were not for it.

We opened the other, took out the contents, replaced them and kept on trucking, but what a huge spoiler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard of cases where both large packets had the same contents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
I've heard of cases where both large packets had the same contents.
Well that makes me a lot more sad inside than merely mis-labeled packets. Kinda defeats the purpose of a Legacy game, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, it is quite unfortunate. I've heard that their customer service has fixed it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kent
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Same thing happened to us tonight. Didn't realize it till i got home because basically the game ended almost immediately after. Ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what exactly was wrong with yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
yes, it is quite unfortunate. I've heard that their customer service has fixed it though.

Where did you hear this? We had the same mix up in the boxes and I've heard nothing back from Hasbro other than "the relevant people have been informed".

I don't intend to let them just ignore this.

It's such a horrible catch 22 because by the time you're opening the pockets the game has already changed beyond the start of the game and we're invested into it. It's not in a state where we can return it.

[ Edit: I just got of the phone with there customer support and they offered to send me out a new set of the contents of the pocket I had already opened... They seem to accept that this is their fault but they also seem incapable or unwilling of taking any useful repentant action.

I don't know what I expected really. I guess I thought maybe they have a bonus packet they send out to people affected by this but they don't seem to know how to react. Either way if you are affected, contact them and at least you'll be on there records as having been affected.]

I guess this makes our copies of risk legacy even more unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what more did you expect other than them sending you any pieces you are missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
what more did you expect other than them sending you any pieces you are missing?

I'm not missing any pieces though. This is a problem inherent with a production problem that only legacy games will have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel M Parker
msg tools
just happened to us today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine had the same thing happen tonight...we were are very bummed!

What to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Complain. Call Hasbro. See if they'll do anything for you they haven't done for the rest of us. And if not, at least then you're on there list of affected customers. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Litany_Eu wrote:
Complain. Call Hasbro. See if they'll do anything for you they haven't done for the rest of us. And if not, at least then you're on there list of affected customers. :/

Won't do any good, Hasbo has terrible support for their products. A friend's set was missing one of the HQs and they literally told him sorry nothing we can do we have no extra pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are okay, but my 30+ Troops has 5 The War Progresses cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd call anyways, just to see if you can get something.

for the cards, you could do home made ones, but it'd not work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played 11 games now and today opened the second of those packs today, first now realising that the things in the first one was wrong. That means we could have played with the
alien fraction since round 4ish. Instead we have had the mutants that hasn't done that much because the scars for those wasn't out yet. So we now feels disapointed. And don't know really what to do with the aliens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens V
Germany
Ibbenbüren
flag msg tools
Too hot to hoot
badge
Was it a car or a cat I saw?
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you manage to place 30 troops in game 4 (…ish)? We're at game 13 and haven't opened that last package yet … but last game it was close, one player had 29.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |