Cacao» Forums » General

Subject: Question about game editions, re language. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I picked up a copy of this direct from Abacusspiele at Essen. The BGG lists this as a German/English edition, but when we checked the game back at the hotel it is a German only edition.

This isn't a problem as such in that its a simple game rule wise and I've downloaded the rules, also the Abacusspiele edition came with a free expansion and also a free Hanabi expansion

I just thought I'd post to let people know that the German version may not include English rules.

(edited to make clear the Volcanoes mini expansion was bagged together at Essen and isn't included in the boxed game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which expansion are you talking about? Volcanoes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first edition contained German and English rules. Starting from 2nd print run on it has only German rules inlcued .

Angband wrote:

I picked up a copy of this direct from Abacusspiele at Essen. The BGG lists this as a German/English edition, but when we checked the game back at the hotel it is a German only edition.

This isn't a problem as such in that its a simple game rule wise and I've downloaded the rules, also the Abacusspiele edition came with a free expansion and also a free Hanabi expansion

I just thought I'd post to let people know that the German version may not include English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petitje81 wrote:
Which expansion are you talking about? Volcanoes?

Yes it was the Volcanoes mini expansion. Although I should point out that the expansion was bagged together at Essen ( I assume as a show special) and not included in the actual boxed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ABACUSSPIELE wrote:
Our first edition contained German and English rules. Starting from 2nd print run on it has only German rules inlcued .

[q="Angband"]

Thanks for clearing that up Matthias.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Thanks for the info Dave. I saw a photo on Twitter about a different expansion, hence the question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, Matthias. Do you happen to know if the Romanian Edition, the one from Cutia, has the same components'quality as the german/english one? Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26october wrote:
Hi, Matthias. Do you happen to know if the Romanian Edition, the one from Cutia, has the same components'quality as the german/english one? Thank you

Hi, yes it has exactly the same components and was produced at the same factory in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ABACUSSPIELE wrote:

Then you have to update the game version (German only, Product Code: LFCABF148). The German only version is now at the bottom of the list of all versions, because it has no release date. If you update the release date (2nd print, so release date is beyond february 2015) the German only version will sort out in the right place: above the English/German version.
That can clarify a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.