Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Hi. In which case would it make sense for the attacker to attack with 2 or more heroes together as a single attack group? What is the benefit of doing this? As I see it, it just becomes easier for the opponent to block the whole group with a single champion.

greetings, Enroth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enroth186 wrote:
Hi. In which case would it make sense for the attacker to attack with 2 or more heroes together as a single attack group? What is the benefit of doing this? As I see it, it just becomes easier for the opponent to block the whole group with a single champion.

greetings, Enroth

well let me give you an example.

lets say you are defending and you have an 18/18 champion out. I am attacker and I have 2 champions, both 10/10. if I attack with 1, you will block, your 18/18 will live and my 10/10 will die, I will then attack again with my other 10/10 and deal 10 damage to you the player.

if I attack together you have a choice as defender. you can block with your 18/18 in which case your 18/18 will die and one of my 10/10's will die. or you can not block and take 20 damage.

by attacking with both you are forcing the defender to make that choice. depending on the cards in your hand, or other resources you may have, one choice might be better for you than the other. that's part of the strategy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This question was kind of addressed in this thread here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1441693/questions-about-com...

Short version:
In general, you want to attack with a single champion at a time.

But if your opponent's blocking decisions would change based on your combined attack score (or special abilities, etc), you might have a tactical advantage in attacking with a group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.