Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mb
Some Booms in a Big Room

I'm not really sure how well this will work, but I thought I'd try something a little different...

Introduction:
This is a variant on Two Rooms and a Boom. All events will happen in only one room and will occur during only a single round.

Story:
The President is giving a speech. Suddenly he is pulled off the stage and disappears. However, all the exits are locked. Rumors are going around that the doors have been trapped with bombs. Nobody is going anywhere; they're all just milling around in a bit of a panic.

Duration:
One round, 48 hours.
Assuming we get 9 people in time, the game will start on Tuesday October 20 at 7pm BGG time and end on Thursday October 22 at 7pm BGG time.
If it fills up earlier, I'll consider starting sooner.

ROLES:

Blue Team:
President (in Disguise) - may identify as President, Waiter, or Ambassador
Body Double - may identify as Body Double or President
Undercover Agent - may identify as Undercover Agent or Waiter
Undercover Agent - may identify as Undercover Agent or Ambassador

Red Team:
Bomber - may identify as Bomber or Waiter
Bomber - may identify as Bomber or Ambassador
Decoy - may identify as Decoy, Waiter, or Ambassador

Grey Team:
Waiter - on a role share, may add truth serum to drink; causes true identification this time and for the next two role shares (each role share must be with a different person, and any offer must be accepted until this is satisfied).
Ambassador - has the power of charisma; on a role share, may cause true identification this time only

Special Rules:
1) No color shares/reveals. ROLE sharing/revealing only.
2) Blue wins if the President lives. Red wins if the President dies. Grey wins independently by living.
3) A Bomber kills the President by correctly identifying the President and avoiding the Undercover Agents at the end of the game.
4) An Undercover Agent protects the President by correctly identifying both the President and the Bomber(s) that would have hit him, but only if the Bomber does not identify him as an Undercover Agent.
5) An Undercover Agent can only protect the President from one Bomber, so if both Bombers correctly identify the President, then both Undercover Agents must correctly identify the President and at least one different Bomber each.
6) WARNING: After 24 hours, anyone who has remained idle (no role shares) will be subject to random events risking exposure.

At end of game:
1) Bombers send mod who they want to blow up and who they think are Undercover Agents.
2) Undercover Agents send mod who they want to protect and who they think are Bombers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mb
Signups
ljtrigirl
SarahBoBara
ortho_

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
In. I'm not even reading the rules.*

*I probably won't once the game starts either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear. Games with me that are not things that I've done before usually involve me saying at least 2-3 times, "that's not how it works" and being wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I swear. Games with me that are not things that I've done before usually involve me saying at least 2-3 times, "that's not how it works" and being wrong.

(Can confirm.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

(Can confirm.)

Not my fault people put in rules that aren't intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
signup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I had to lie to you because the situation called for that. I had to lie because what I would have lost with the truth I could have never got back. I had to lie.
mbmbmb
signup. Also without reading the rules!

But I will before the game starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.