1 Posts

Monopoly» Forums » General

Subject: Makes for a nice souvenir but... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Whenever I visit a foreign capital city I grab myself a copy of Monopoly (if I can find a local edition) as they make interesting souvenirs...
Friends asked "why bother buying a copy of Monopoly with cards/locations all in Finnish or Estonian (just happened to be the last 2 holiday destinations!) when you can't understand the language that well so will never play it?!"
My answer was simply this, "when was the last time you played your English language version?"

It may be an all time classic game, (that can be found in most cupboards/attics), but it's one that's generally only played in times of dire need (ie there's a powercut and it's the only game in the house that everyone knows the rules to).

The only annoying thing about souvenir Monopoly sets is that all the prices are slowly turning into nasty Euros!!!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.