Subject: Running out of Life Tokens?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played only my second game last night with 3 people but it seemed like we pretty much ran out of the red life tokens pretty quick and had to resort to supplementing with blue tokens.

Because of all our healing, armour and medbot plays we all ended up having residual troops with damage at the end of most rounds, then when the harder waves hit with 5+ damage, there would be a lot of wounds everywhere.

Does everyone else have a similar problem? What do you use as extra markers? Are more red markers available for purchase somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 5/6 player expansion comes with some extra tokens. Generally I have found that I don't need additional tokens, unless I'm in a completely dominant position near the end of the game, in which case I can afford to be slightly less efficient and allow some troops to die off so I can recover tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added a few red d6s to supplement tokens. Helps for the beefy units that can stack up damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, realized early on that the included tokens weren't nearly enough. Replaced mine with red penny gems (like these). As a bonus, the penny gems are MUCH easier to pick up than the flat plastic tokens included with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
Yep, realized early on that the included tokens weren't nearly enough. Replaced mine with red penny gems (like these). As a bonus, the penny gems are MUCH easier to pick up than the flat plastic tokens included with the game.

Those aren't the magnificent PennyGems by:

Dave Howell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Those are glass gems/beads/blobs often used in crafts. The glass works fine for this game, but true PennyGems are amazing (yet pricy) and look like these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.