Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing dishes and drinks immediately on guest's (or guests' ??) orders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Martin
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Sanctify!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The (English) rules state that whenever you receive dishes and drinks, "you can place them immediately on a guest's order".

Does this mean a single guest, or can I split the resources I receive among two or three of my guests? The way it is written (to me) suggests that it is a single guest card, but wanted to clarify this point, as it might be a translation error (or similar).

(I guess I am thinking that if it was one or more guests, then the rules might say "you can play them immediately on guests' orders".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The German rules pretty clearly state that it can be multiple guests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood well, when you get dishes/drinks, you can place them on guests and excess is stored in the kitchen.

The only way to send dishes/drinks from the kitchen to guests is by additional actions paying 1 krone ?
I assume you can also split you 3 dishes ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Stadler
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can split the resources among your guests.

Also with the additional actions (spend 1 Krone to send up to 3 resources to your guests) you can split them among your guests as well.

Stefan Stadler
Lookout Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esther in 't Veld
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Sometimes it would be handy to replace a drink or dish to another table. Can I switch them if I can fullfill another order
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brink
msg tools
Essie72 wrote:
Sometimes it would be handy to replace a drink or dish to another table. Can I switch them if I can fullfill another order

Hi,

no, you can´t.

Best regards,
Andreas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk H
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
I write about games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Essie72 wrote:

Think of you, sitting there and the waiter just fetching your glas of wine and giving it to another guest... :-)

Dirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dickie77 wrote:
Essie72 wrote:

Think of you, sitting there and the waiter just fetching your glas of wine and giving it to another guest... :-)

Dirk

Unacceptable! I would get up right away and leave without paying my bill!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minorweavers wrote:
Tangential:

When you find yourself leading with 'tangential' in a thread which has lain dormant for more than three months, take it as an indication that a better idea would be to start a new thread where your thought is the lead topic, not a tangent.
devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minorweavers wrote:
Tangential:

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for the Room Service mini-expansion, the prototype of which unfortunately exists only in my imagination. But would be a fun tweak: send strudel and wine up to occupied rooms for tips. (I'm not sure if the resultant affairs between bellhops and baronesses would be a positive or a negative VP-wise.) Maybe introduce Wiener Schnitzel as a fifth menu offering?

Now, I adore this game as is. It doesn't need an expansion. But I sure do enjoy dreaming up theoretical ones while on line at the post office or bakery.

I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.