Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be hosting a demo on Thursday at 3pm in the 'great hall" at BGGcon.

Will either be at the 'nice' gamer tables (thanks Geek chic) or as close as possible.

We'll be there about 4 hours and expect to play multiple times.

To allow for more folks to play, I will be using a special '4 player' version which plays almost exactly like the base game (but plays 3 or 4 instead of 2.)

Signing up for slots right now, at
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/195743/bgg-con-2015-w...?

See game #41.

But walk-ups will be welcome too.

Will be cued and ready for beginners. Veterans are welcome (but let a beginner play if we have them, please).

Should be some hooting and hollering-- this is an exciting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo What are the four player rules? Are you using one board/set or two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/141451/multi-player-cc

The only diff will be using two sets of HQ chits.

Single board.

We talked to a Richard about cobbling something epic but he asked us not to. And certainly, the game is so new, it's a good thing to have people meet it straight up.

He says there will be some cool things in epic GW and it should follow tanks pretty closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is your set painted? Ha ha...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Kevin. I thought a PSC rep said the French Army was the next expansion, but all are welcome. Its good that the game's development is being followed up so well, and is one of the reason's I'm getting into it, even though I didn't back the Kickstarter. Sounds like I'll be needing a second copy soon enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is your set painted? Ha ha...

Not sure what the 'ha ha' is, but the answer is

Nope.

The point is to let people see what they can buy, not my painting ability.

Quote:
Thanks, Kevin. I thought a PSC rep said the French Army was the next expansion, but all are welcome.

I haven't been following the Tank kickstarter-- the idea of having everyone post their order and credits in the comments seems one of the oddest ever. And maybe Richard B. is incorrect and French are "next," (although, unless they are not at all different from the other armies, I would think there would be some rules and cards different.)

And possibly the Epic rules are just being completed quietly. Given that they were selling the bits on the first kickstarter, I've been surprised more people are not asking, "What am I supposed to do with this stuff?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of bits and stuff...so what is the use of the 6 generals? Maybe that will be revealed some time down the road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I can't help you.

Other C&C games have specific leader figures that provide certain benefits. I have no idea what they want to do with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
And possibly the Epic rules are just being completed quietly. Given that they were selling the bits on the first kickstarter, I've been surprised more people are not asking, "What am I supposed to do with this stuff?"

Some folks might want the bits for 15mm miniatures gaming.

Also, I'd say most of the Kickstarter pledgers are C&C fans besides and they know an Epic set is a matter of time—so long as fan support continues. Until then, why wait? Zvezda pulled the plug on future Samurai Battles expansions for now. No new expansions for BattleCry on the horizon, either. So get what you can while you can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
No new expansions for BattleCry on the horizon, either.

Though we do have a semi-official scenario (and a half?) of Big Battle Cry, and can cobble together something pretty close to how Big Battle Cry was supposed to work (minus the Combat Card deck), by adapting the M'44 Overlord rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting back to what we do have, there are still some slots avaiable, especially in the middle session.

I tried the selected scenario twice last weekend with three players and each side won once, but both times it was close, so that looks good.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/195743/bgg-con-2015-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.