Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
One last question:

If no-one has the start player I consider the new start player to be the one on the left of the old start player. Is that how it should be played?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas M.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello,

no this is not correct.
The start player isn't changing until another player hires the character.

kind regards

Andreas Molter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - that's all my questions answered!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yichen Lin
msg tools
Does the start player put a safe-character marker on his start player character card in the beginning of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas M.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes he does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Kisvári
Hungary
Bokros
Csongrád
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand it right after the first year the starting player card cannot be put back for 2 victory points...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Resnick
United States
CELINA
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
so if I understand what you are saying even if the start player character card is amoung the available characters for whatever reason, given up, assassinated, etc, whoever had the character last retains the right to first worker placement in the game until the character card is claimed again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atimati wrote:
If I understand it right after the first year the starting player card cannot be put back for 2 victory points...

I think you understand it wrong. The starting player gets his "starting player" character card while all other players get one as well at the beginning of the game. There is no reason why the starting player would need to be penalized with inability to sell the card while everyone can sell theirs. So, I'm pretty sure you can give up your starting player for 2 VP and retain the starting player status until someone else claims it.

whowants2 wrote:
so if I understand what you are saying even if the start player character card is amoung the available characters for whatever reason, given up, assassinated, etc, whoever had the character last retains the right to first worker placement in the game until the character card is claimed again.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.