Subject: Payment of move cost timing and two building card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1:
The example on page 8 of the rulebook seems to imply that you pay (or gain +1 coin in case of the 1st move on your turn) for your move after you have performed the move. Is that the correct timing, or is it intended that you pay for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th move before you perform it?

And if that is the correct timing, is it then allowed to take a "Lace Making" or "Earning" action without sufficient funds, as long as you make enough money with that action to pay for it afterwards?

Question 2:
Regarding the building reward card (gained for placing a roof) which says the following: "During clean-up phase, deduct 1 cube of any color that you are going to return."

Do I understand the card correctly if I do the following: During clean-up, I return 2 green, 2 white and 1 yellow cube to gain 10 VP for Lace Making (not counting Union bonus VP). But with the reward card I can choose 1 of those 5 five cubes to keep, discard the other 4, and still gain the 10 VP (plus possible Union bonus for those 5 workers)?

Question 3:
Regarding the building reward cards:
=> "Whenever you roof houses, you gain 5 VP for each specific color on the roof tile."
=> "Whenever you roof houses, you may ignore the rules of matching colors of the roof tile and house cubes."

This has been discussed before, but if I'm not mistaken no official answer has been provided yet. So does a combination the above two building rewards (both having the same color requirements) indeed score you 10 VP if you place (as an example) a blue - blue roof tile on a white - green house combination?

We have played only one game so far and I'm not yet inclined to state that it is an overpowered combination. But it would be great to have an official answer if it is the correct way to use those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer 1:
You gain or pay the money first, and then excite the move.

Answer 2:
Yes, you return only 4 cubes to score 10 VP (plus any bonus), as long as you have the corresponding workers in the workshop.

Answer 3:
Yes, you get 10 VP when you build a Blue-Blue roof if you have both of the building cards mentioned above.
There is no official answer printed/posted by the designers/publishers. But this statement was told to me by them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the answers. Our compliments to the designers/publisher for a great game and very happy to have been able to acquire a copy at Spiel in Essen. So also a thank you for making that possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Min Ling
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the chief editor of Burano.
This is an official answer.

Answer 1:
The correct timing is that you pay for your move before you perform it. Sorry for the misunderstanding of the example. We'll correct it in the FAQ v1.0 ASAP.

Answer 2:
Yes, you're right.

Answer 3:
Yes, it's a correct way to use these two cards.
For example, if you have both cards having blue and pink requirements, you can place a blue - blue roof on a white - green house and gain 10 VP.

If there are any questions, please inform us
Our e-mail: Boardgamelove@bgl.com.tw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeldaaa wrote:
I am the chief editor of Burano.
This is an official answer.

Great support, thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.