Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the regress rule I want in the rulebook, but can you regress a ship off a planet from the colonize track?

When you upgrade your galaxy and get an extra die, do you get it immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can't regress them off the track.

No, you don't get the die right away. You do get ships immediately, but not dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some FAQ information is also printed in the box bottom. Specifically, how certain planets work. Not as convenient as the rulebook, but a lot of questions are answered there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:

No, you don't get the die right away. You do get ships immediately, but not dice.

We played that you could move them off the track. It says that you can't move them from the surface to the track on the same planet or vice versa. But that you have to switch planets. So I read that as you can.

Or is this mentioned on to FAQ in the box? In that case I don't have it on me to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crblackhawk wrote:
Asmor wrote:

We played that you could move them off the track. It says that you can't move them from the surface to the track on the same planet or vice versa. But that you have to switch planets. So I read that as you can.

Or is this mentioned on to FAQ in the box? In that case I don't have it on me to check.

Yes, the FAQ inside the box says that you cannot regress a ship off the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:

But you can use a "Move Ship" icon to just pick your own ships up and move them elsewhere (home galaxy or another planet). At least that's how I read it. But no, ships never regress off the end of the track, yours or other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

So is it possible for a ship on a colonisation track to just, give up its colonisation action and move to an another planet? Or can you just move your ship only if it is landed on the surface of a planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Payawal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RFTGJC wrote:
Hi,

So is it possible for a ship on a colonisation track to just, give up its colonisation action and move to an another planet? Or can you just move your ship only if it is landed on the surface of a planet?
Yes, you can move a ship away from the planet it is currently colonizing, as a move action. It must either end up in your galaxy, or on a different planet (in orbit, or landed). This may be a good idea if you're almost certain to lose the current planet to another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer
"This may be a good idea if you're almost certain to lose the current planet to another player" : that was exactly what I had in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.