Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Hughes
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the updated rules, v1.4, there is no mention of the deployment value of the new army. In the original rules the new army's value was 6 minus the number of Lord of the Cubes armies on the board.

That is not part of Deploy Army in v1.4, do you still do that, or was that removed from the rules? Will the new army's value always be 6?

Loving the game, by the way. Lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Woitek
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osyrn wrote:
In the updated rules, v1.4, there is no mention of the deployment value of the new army. In the original rules the new army's value was 6 minus the number of Lord of the Cubes armies on the board.

That is not part of Deploy Army in v1.4, do you still do that, or was that removed from the rules? Will the new army's value always be 6?

I think it has just been forgotten.

Without this rule the game looses a lot - so I think Scott just left it out in respect to the nice formatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, thanks for play Land 6!

Ops, it's my fault. Yes, it's necessary that the new army's value was 6 minus the number of Lord of the Cubes armies on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hughes
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eximeno wrote:
First of all, thanks for play Land 6!

Ops, it's my fault. Yes, it's necessary that the new army's value was 6 minus the number of Lord of the Cubes armies on the board.

You're welcome!

Awesome, thanks. I agree with Udo, the game would loose a lot otherwise.

Thanks for the quick replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
… and there I was playing my first eight games thinking that - of course! - the value of a new army would be 1 to begin with. I was tinkering with starting to spread my initial army and feed everyone before the Lord of Cubes would attack me. But usually, by then, I would be in a tight spot and lose. I could not figure out how to get anywhere beyond the second land without extreme luck of the dice. No play lasted longer than 2 minutes …

Now, with this updated rule, I will try again. Maybe my hard training will be worth something then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.