Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everytime I go to Spiel at Essen I play a quick game of Weykick. And if it weren't so big and expensive I would probably would have bought it a couple of years ago.

So when I found out about this game I tought it would be 'Weykick on a budget', since it has similar gameplay.

KLASK is a dexterity game in which 2 players try to score a goal with a magnetic playing piece, a tiny ball and 3 little magnets on the board that are in your way.

You play with one hand under the board, grabbing a playing piece with a strong magnet on top. On the board is the top half. So you 'magically' move around the top half by moving the bigger bit underneath your half of the board, hitting the tiny ball towards the other players goal, and trying to hit the little magnets out of your way, and onto the other players playing piece.

In this game you try to score 6 points before the other player.
There are 4 ways to score a point:

1. If the tiny ball is scored into the other players 'goal': a round lowered circle in the board.

2. If 2 of the 3 little magnets are on the other players playing piece, you score a point. This can happen by mistake, but after a couple of plays you try to hit the magnets with the ball so they end up on the other player.

3. If the other player accidently gets the top half of his playing piece into the 'goal'.

4. If the other player plays too rough, and his top half of the playing piece get's 'lost' on your half of the board, or out of the game.

When you start playing the game you treat it like a smaller version of a tabletop football game. But after a couple of plays you find out it's even more fun to try to 'play' the magnets to the other player. It get's hilarious if the other player ends up in his own goal by trying to avoid the magnets.

So after a couple of games I found out it plays quite differently than Weykick: it's a lot more subtle. And since it's smaller as well it's a lot easier to store or take along.

I'm really glad I've tried and immediately bought this game. So far it's my favorite game of all the games I bought at Spiel 2015. I've played it 14 times in 6 days so far, and I think this might end up as being my most played game of the year.

If you like dexterity games I urge you to try this great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the best game at Spiel as well IMO - they were bloody sold out when I arrived. Apparently will be available soon.

Hilarious game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I bought two copies of this to give it as a special present cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.