Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else think it's strange that when a recepticle dies you spawn again in 7 TUs time? How does this work thematically? Surely it would more sense that in 7 TUs time you spawn as a different recepticle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
Surely it would more sense that in 7 TUs time you spawn as a different recepticle.

I thought the same and then I re-read the German rules. But it seems that you respawn in your old recepticle. We thought this is not very thematic and played it that way, that we choose one of the remaining recepticle and use this character instead of the dead one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
Does anyone else think it's strange that when a recepticle dies you spawn again in 7 TUs time? How does this work thematically? Surely it would more sense that in 7 TUs time you spawn as a different recepticle.
My reasoning would be that the "dead" player was inserted back into his recepticle at an earlier point in time and manages to be with the group again 7 TUs later. Or another angle: The character wasn't dead, just unconscious and lost the tachyon connection. That would also explain why you have to respawn on the same space that another player is on: he carried the recepticle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Mathias, you're right. The receptacle is regenerated by the machine. Agents carry the unconscious receptacle around, as they're instructed to during formation.

Thematically, let's say minimizing damage to the past (or alternate realities) implies that receptacles must stay alive at all costs.

Of course, when a run ends, you can change receptacles at will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.