Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kemet: Ta-Seti» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double-Edged Dagger Victory Point Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hammer
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I see in the rules under the included components are 4 "double-edged dagger" victory point tokens. Any idea what those are for? I can't seem to find them referenced anywhere else in the rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Birner
Germany
Bayreuth
flag msg tools
He's no good to me dead!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don`t have the rules at hand but as far as I remember there is a new upgrade (I think in th TaSeti path) where you get a double edged dagger tokken. You can use this token before combat. If you win that combat you gain 2 victory points - if you loose that combat you loose a VP.
have a look at the tiles in the rulebook. I`m quite sure it`s explained there....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hello

Wolfgang is absolutely right. The double-edged dagger is a level 2 object used in the path to Ta-Seti
This object is played before choosing Battle cards. If you win the battle, you gain one additional Victory Point. That means two VPs for one battle. You take one regular VP token (a red one) and one double-edged dagger token (using the front side).
If you lose the battle, you don't take any regular VP (of course) and you take one double-edged dagger token (but using the flip side with the -1 VP symbol)

So if you use it, you have to be sure to win the battle ! :-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lari Rissanen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gui11aume wrote:
Hello

Wolfgang is absolutely right. The double-edged dagger is a level 2 object used in the path to Ta-Seti
This object is played before choosing Battle cards. If you win the battle, you gain one additional Victory Point. That means two VPs for one battle. You take one regular VP token (a red one) and one double-edged dagger token (using the front side).
If you lose the battle, you don't take any regular VP (of course) and you take one double-edged dagger token (but using the flip side with the -1 VP symbol)

So if you use it, you have to be sure to win the battle ! :-)


This begs the question of do you get the extra point even if you lose all your troops but win the battle? Normally you wouldn't get the battle VP but it seems like you should get the one for the dagger. Not sure how it goes officially?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
gabagaba wrote:

This begs the question of do you get the extra point even if you lose all your troops but win the battle? Normally you wouldn't get the battle VP but it seems like you should get the one for the dagger. Not sure how it goes officially?


You "only" have to win the battle. That means that you can use it as a defender for example.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lari Rissanen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gui11aume wrote:
gabagaba wrote:

This begs the question of do you get the extra point even if you lose all your troops but win the battle? Normally you wouldn't get the battle VP but it seems like you should get the one for the dagger. Not sure how it goes officially?


You "only" have to win the battle. That means that you can use it as a defender for example.


That's what I thought, thanks for the answer
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.