6 Posts

Termity» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat rules missing vital details rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Twigg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The combat rules explain how to calculate combat strength - but they do not explain what to do with it! Is an attack successful if the attack value is the same as defense, or does it need to be greater?

Also, all of the rules regarding retreating and soldiers refer to an attack and not the result of an attack. As written a soldier which attacks automatically destroys what it attacks irrespective of the defense of the attacked item, and mounds are destroyed when attacked by a worker. I suspect that this is incorrect and is a result of translating the rules into English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
MPTGEEK wrote:
The combat rules explain how to calculate combat strength - but they do not explain what to do with it! Is an attack successful if the attack value is the same as defense, or does it need to be greater?

Also, all of the rules regarding retreating and soldiers refer to an attack and not the result of an attack. As written a soldier which attacks automatically destroys what it attacks irrespective of the defense of the attacked item, and mounds are destroyed when attacked by a worker. I suspect that this is incorrect and is a result of translating the rules into English.

It sounds like you are overlooking this:
rules wrote:
If a planned move would end on a hex occupied by an enemy unit or Mound, then it is an attack. This is legal only when the total attack strength (including support) is greater than the defending strength of the defending unit or Mound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Twigg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
blush I did indeed miss that - that makes it much clearer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin

Any chance you could put a question mark in your header as twice it has caught my eye think that there is actually combat rules missing ...

Cheers

Ric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
Any chance you could put a question mark in your header as twice it has caught my eye think that there is actually combat rules missing ...

Good point, the subject line is rather unjustly misleading and harsh.

Martin, you can edit/reword the subject by editing your original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Peisistratous wrote:

Good point, the subject line is rather unjustly misleading and harsh.

Martin, you can edit/reword the subject by editing your original post.

Op obviously can't be arsed !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.