4 Posts

Gathering Storm» Forums » General

Subject: Gathering storm with JP3R? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Lanciani
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure this is the correct sub forum or actually the correct game forum where to post this. Anyway, I am not (yet!) a AWAW player, but I play Avalanche Press Third Reich. I appreciate you can play GS on its own, however I was wondering how much work it would take to use it as a prequel to JP3R?

(Less than actually learning to play AWAW? Probably, I guess... )

Thanks,
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Copley
United States
Cumberland Center
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
alexandrel wrote:
I am not sure this is the correct sub forum or actually the correct game forum where to post this. Anyway, I am not (yet!) a AWAW player, but I play Avalanche Press Third Reich. I appreciate you can play GS on its own, however I was wondering how much work it would take to use it as a prequel to JP3R?

(Less than actually learning to play AWAW? Probably, I guess... )

Thanks,
Alex

Hello, Alex - I rarely post anything on BGG anymore, but I do own GS and noticed your post.

I played Avalanche's JP3R for years. I've also played Third Reich, Advanced Third Reich, AWAW and - of course - my own game, The War: Europe 1939-1945. I think it's unlikely that you'd be able to integrate Gathering Storm with JP3R. GS plugs into all kinds of AWAW subsystems (like research) that just don't apply to JP3R. While I hope to do a prequel game of my own for The War, that project is some years from completion. You may have to play GS as a stand alone game, and play JP3R as a very separate game.

Ernie Copley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lanciani
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
e_copley wrote:

Hello, Alex - I rarely post anything on BGG anymore, but I do own GS and noticed your post.

Thanks! Seems there is not a lot of traffic for GS here!

Anyway, as I said, I am starting to play also AWAW, but I think it's much easier to bring JP3R to the table (for the footprint if nothing else). But maybe GS will give my gaming group the right incentive

Cheers,
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Copley
United States
Cumberland Center
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
alexandrel wrote:
e_copley wrote:

Thanks! Seems there is not a lot of traffic for GS here!

Anyway, as I said, I am starting to play also AWAW, but I think it's much easier to bring JP3R to the table (for the footprint if nothing else). But maybe GS will give my gaming group the right incentive

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex - I hope you enjoy AWAW (or JP3R). I hope you'll also consider The War sometime - in terms of complexity it's about halfway between AWAW and JP3R. Good gaming to you,

Ernie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.