Tide of Iron» Forums » General

Subject: Chris Williams leaving 1A games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I came across the following post on Facebook. After Craig Robertson already having left the company, this certainly doesn't seem to bide well for 1A's/TOI's future...

OK, so over here most of you know me and what I've done, but I'm reposting it here on my own timeline because I don't know who among you might know something useful to me; so, here goes:

Looking for a New Position
Hi all! The name kind of says it all, but here goes anyway; I'm Chris Williams and for the past two years I've been with 1A Games (makers of Tide of Iron under license from FFG) - and for the last 1.5 of those years, I've been the Operations Manager.
It's been a good ride at 1A, but the time has come for me to move onto something else.
In my 25+ years in the industry, I've worked in retail, wholesale, both for and as a publisher, and as a freelance writer and editor. Some of the companies I've worked for include R. Talsorian Games, Chaosium, and Green Ronin. I've done shipping, sales and marketing, project management, and line management.
I'm just putting this out in case anyone here is hiring, or knows of someone in the industry that is.
Thanks!
You can see my full profile (including some samples of my writing) at:

Certainly would be nice if we, the fans, could get an update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. Sure wish 1A Games would would let us know where things are headed for the company. Specifically the Tide of Iron series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now i´m even more happy that i found the original "Days of the Fox"-Expansion few weeks ago new in shrinkwrap for a good price cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that it would be best if we could give you some kind of information, I am not free to do so at this time.

As, I think, has been mentioned on the KS page, 1A will be resolving all of the remaining rewards and stretch goals due to the backers of the project.

Beyond that, 1A is not free to make any announcement at this time; although, one should be forthcoming shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Beckett
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Willem for posting this, and thanks Chris for responding.

1A can do whatever it needs to do, and ToI can evolve into whatever it is going to evolve into, but what I want to say is that I have been privileged to meet and get to know a great group of people like Willem through 1A. I have gone on and have been play testing for others, and 1A has been a great stepping stone for me in that regard.

If ToI picks back up, we are all still here, eager to be a part of it.

Chris, I have seen you in action and know how you think, so with confidence I can say that you will do fine. As far as I am concerned, we still have some projects to work on together, so you just have to keep us updated to let us know what great new thing you have found yourself a part of!

---John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
RoManXJ9 wrote:
While I agree that it would be best if we could give you some kind of information, I am not free to do so at this time.

As, I think, has been mentioned on the KS page, 1A will be resolving all of the remaining rewards and stretch goals due to the backers of the project.

Beyond that, 1A is not free to make any announcement at this time; although, one should be forthcoming shortly.

That's at least something

What was the remaining rewards by the way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grand Stone wrote:
RoManXJ9 wrote:

That's at least something :)

What was the remaining rewards by the way?

Bonus scenarios, scenarios featuring Sigs and artillery decks. I hope they mean it also includes add-ons as i've personally ordered painted figures as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Chris, looking forward to the rest of the items from the Kickstarter. I regret not adding on those sIG's, was figuring those would still be available after the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bazsi Heppy
msg tools
RoManXJ9 wrote:

So Chris, where we at now?
How about fulfillment of KS SGs?
Where to look for this announcement?
Is 1A Games & ToI still alive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.