Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I asked about this expansion at the Ravensburger stand. They didn't actually say it was unavailable - just that it was a "mistake". I don't think anyone managed to get a copy at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards were not there and I was told it wasn't sure they would be available any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SJ S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this promo was offered at Stadt-Land-Spielt-Event rather than Essen. see this comment on the item from the Essen Preview geeklist:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/174654/item/4171861?comme...

maybe someone who got the promo there will show up and share the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone, most likely affiliated with the game, has uploaded the cards and (German) rules. Another user on that page has provided excellent translations so far.

It looks to be better and possibly less swingy than the Sonderkarten set. I'll have to play to find out. I do love the added functionality to the 1 cards, especially now that they can even steal Xs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikingblood80 wrote:

Got a copy from Stadt-Land-spielt.

Tried it only 2 player so far. If you are only 2 player may be there are better card games than Abluxxen (Linko).

These cards add a bit more of luck and also strategy to the game..i.e. it gets a bit more interesting. It adds luck since most of the new cards score 5 points and the one getting more in starting hand can score more points on a single game.

But there is also more strategy involved. The king can save the other cards laid with him so he can save the jesters from beeing stolen (except with ones).

If your opponent steals jester cards at the end he may be end up with huge negative points (-5 for each).

There is one card (a 2) which prevents you from having negative points in your hand at the end of the game.

And there is the "Lone Luxx" which gives 3 points for every single card in your display. So if you play them during end you can surprise your opponent(s) and get plenty of points if you played single cards.

At least 2 player we dont to play without the expansion.

I do not own the "Sonderkarten" expansion but as I was reading the rules the "Königskarten" seem to be a lot more attractive. Nice, simply but worthy expansion.

Thanks for your thoughts on this card set. When you say 2-player, are you referring to the Duel Variant? I think the Duel variant is fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikingblood80 wrote:

No just plain 2-player, no duel variant. I have the rules for duel variant printed out but we haven't tried it yet.

Ah I see. I highly suggest you try it, as it improves the game so much. If you ever get a chance to try Duel and Königskarten, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.