Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon Bile --> Dragon Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will a torch be the only means of starting a Dragon Fire? Thematically, I would imagine a wizard with a fireball-spell would be able to ignite a pool of Dragon Bile as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeroenemans wrote:
Thematically, I would imagine a wizard with a fireball-spell would be able to ignite a pool of Dragon Bile as well...

Oh, yeah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino Destefano
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
There is a unique non-vault weapon in Wulfsburg (Flaming Great Sword) that allows to ignite a pool of Dragon Bile at range 0-1. (And you don't have to discard it).

You can only use it at the yellow level, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think that any item causing fire should be able to ignite it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, perhaps the magical fireball doesn't burn with enough intensity, or it gets snuffed out when hitting the liquid without any other source of fuel...

On a rules basis, it's definitely the case that only items that say they can light Dragon Bile can light Dragon Bile, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it should be ok to houserule. The problem is that it has to be balance well.
The torch you have to discard
The sword in the expansion is a yellow level only

ignite is a blue level and a no discard item, which could make it OP. Also (sorry no at home, so cant check) but is it that the starting spell? which would make it really easy right out the bat to kill abomination. Which in my opinion I`m REALLY greatfull that they remove damage 3 weapons and made the abomination scary again, by the end of s3 it was so easy to get a weapon to kill them that they became a regular zombie.
Hence imo using ignite (specially if the starting spell) to light up dragon bile, i would put it that only happen in die roll 6; MAYBE 5+. And maybe even in a once per game, with a easy side the card or put a token on it to keep track of it.

imho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Mastrangeli
United States
Downers Grove
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Quest 1 yesterday and ran into this. We had the dragon bile but not a torch. The wizard had the fireball spell and we felt like that should be able to ignite the dragon bile. It's a fireball spell, fire is in the name. Otherwise the game would have just devolved into searching for a torch round after round.

So we house ruled it that a fireball could ignite the dragon bile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.