Popular Tags: [View All]
I'm not that cool.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
First things first, I received a copy of this game for free.

I like the Zombies!!! series, so my review may be biased. I think this expansion is the second weakest in the series behind only Mall Walkers. That doesn't mean it is without merit, just that I like the others better.

Components
The game comes with 15 new tiles for the military base, 30 news cards, 5 glow in the dark zombies, red heart tokens (only really important if you have the journeyman press version of Zombies!!! - the others all have red tokens already), and new rules.

Setting
As with most of the expansions, this one moves Zombies!!! into a new locale, in this case a military base. Rules are provided for either using the expansion as a stand-alone (although you'd still need the base Zombies!!! set) area or as an addition to other expansions. Either way, the setting is pretty good and ties in well with the military theme. Some of the cards and/or illustrations will probably remind you of scenes from your favorite military movies.

Rules
This expansion includes what have become the basic rules for mixing any expansion with the base set. Remove a crossroads and a straight road fromt the base set, add the entry to the expansion area to the base set tiles. Shuffle. When the entry is drawn, add the crossroads, straight, and entry to the town map. After that players may draw from either stack but must play tiles in the appropriate section.
There are also two special locations. The motor pool allows players to commandeer a jeep and get double-movement until they leave the road; once they leave, they lose the jeep. The secret lab is populated with Enhanced Zombies. These are represented with the glow in the dark zombies and have slightly different rules. They can move 2 spaces instead of 1 and they only die on a 5 or 6.
Other than those couple of changes, the rules are the same as the base game.
The new cards provide some nice effects and are often as useful in town (or other expansions) as they are on the military base.

Recommendation
As a fan of the series but not necessarily a fan of military themed games, I think this is a good but not great expansion. If you were into the military theme I think it would be great. The card mix is good, but not so powerful you couldn't survive without it. Overall, if I were starting out with Zombies!!!, this would be one of the last two expansions I bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.