Popular Tags: [View All]
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, i dont think i have a game in my collection like it.

looks very interesting to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy their previous games, their production value is ridiculously high, and the deal was sealed after a playtest at GenCon. It's just a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it looks awesome. And sounds like a really fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eisen Montalvo
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it was the artwork. I have yet to play, but I know I will like the game based on the description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Brewer
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like 4x games, and I like alternate history stories. Add in the great art and production value, and I couldn't pass it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork drew me to it first, then the reputation/past experience with Jamey and his company, and then the fact that I heard good reports from people who have played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks interesting - the Agricola meets Kemet pitch initially caught my interest - and the company has a really good rep (deservedly so) but the art sold me. My wife is from Poland and some of those scenes of the Lancers on sloping hills look like they could have been drawn just outside her town.

It sounds daft but there is something evocative of Poland in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
For me, i dont think i have a game in my collection like it.

For me, I think the other games in my collection will like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combination of a cover invoking a theme that really drew me in, not had a duff game from this company yet (Touch wood, Between Two Cities is still on it's way), not had a duff game from this designer yet, ridiculously high production values across the company's games, and past positive experience of KS projects by this company.

...Also the game looks pretty damn solid, to boot, and even if my fiance doesn't get on with it (Which is a possibility, it's often hard to predict if a game will be too attritional for him, the solo mode should play well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco DelRosario

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love 4x style games and the artwork is just amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion A
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terra Mystica and Kemet are two of my favorite games. This combines a lot of traits that I really enjoy from those games. It has awesome art and a cool theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed because I playtested the game and it was great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Ryan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey is a friend, but beyond that I love what his company is doing for the board game community, and also because I'm the one who initiates board game nights in my group most of the time, so I get to say what's on the table :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Osborne
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I hate having money.

Just hate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Natera
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Artwork, and the fact its not another straight up 'war' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Osborne
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, though...

The artwork drew me in. It is breathtakingly gorgeous.
The concept kept my attention.

I just got to good vibes from this game and I'm very happy to be one of the backers for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Soares
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UncleMilo wrote:
Because I hate having money.

Just hate it.

Here, have some money. devil

Because it's a Stonemaier game, because it looks beautiful, and more important, because I believe it will be a benchmark in the board game world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Viticulture with Tuscany and Euphoria, both of which I waited for retail on. Jamie is transparent and has proven himself professional and successful when it comes to managing kickstarter campaigns AND delivering them. I also love Kemet and I like some of the mechanics in Terra Mystica that seem to have found thier way into Scythe. The art is great and I love a pretty game.
E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following the game since before it even had a proper description on BGG. When it was one or two pieces of art. It was that art that caught my attention, drew me in and kept me following the games progress.

I admit I'm only about 95% on board for this campaign. Mostly it's due to the cost with the current exchange rate and the fact that I want to cut back a little on my USD dollar purchases as a result. There are a couple other big kickstarters I know are coming (Colosseum and Carnival Zombie special edition reprints) which are also on my watchlist. So more games than I have money to spend on them.

However I decided to jump on board for a combination of the following reasons (in no particular order).

I like and respect Jamey and what he has built with Stonemaier Games. All the incredible hard work he puts in tells me he cares and that does have an impact on my decisions.

Jakub Rozalski art and design. I love love love it and world-building it encourages.

Free shipping to Canada. It's a rare thing for a kickstarter to have free shipping to Canada. That extra $20 CAD (or so) I save brings down the entire purchase price. It helps.

All the playtesting done (over 750 of which were blind playtests). I feel like the game will be nicely balanced with so much feedback. Especially the blind playtests which more accurately recreate actual playing conditions. I'm sure most people have heard of what went down with Myth once it was released. I'm not worried about that with Scythe.

I decided on the edition with the metal coins (damn they look nice) as well as adding on the game board extension (50% increase in size). Neither are exclusives but if I got the regular game at retail and wanted those I'd have to buy them separately afterward (plus shipping). So backing like this is convenient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Art
4x is my favorite genre
Played euphoria and really like it

Seems like all things are pointing to me liking this game a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the artwork is what sealed the deal for me.

this game was totally not even on my radar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
The pedigree of Stonemaier Games drew me in. I love Viticulture/Tuscany, Euphoria, and Between Two Cities.

The gameplay and especially the art sold me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this will me my first stonemaier game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is what hooked me to begin with. I love alternate history (especially alternate 20th century), animal companions, and anything remotely steam-punkish (mechs).

But as a game, it couldn't just be about the art. So #1, I don't have any game like it, so it won't be repeating anything in my collection.

2, it has options - lots of ways to play. I play with a mix of players, some of whom aren't aggressive but enjoy building up "stuff".

3, it was playtested like hell and got great reviews, especially those saying it's highly replayable and balanced (very important to me) - that many people couldn't possibly be wrong!

4, coming from the art that hooked me in the first place - THEME. It's hard not to get sucked in by theme - game can have a great theme and be terrible to play (and vice versa, which I don't mind so much). But great theme AND fun to play?

So this is why I want the game in the first place. I backed it so that I can have all the extras without paying for them separately (likely costing extra due to shipping, etc). Also, I feel backing a game on Kickstarter helps to show The Industry™ what it is gamers WANT in games, as well as, "hey, this is how you should Kickstart your game - do it right" (I hear nothing but good about the way Jamey runs his Kickstarters). So it's putting my money where my mouth is. Lastly, backing on Kickstarter is a fun community experience - like attending a midnight opening sale on a long awaited novel *coughcoughHarryPottercoughcough*. It's fun to get psyched up for a game with fellow gamers, all of whom have to suffer for X-many months before the game arrives on our tables. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
I backed because I playtested the game and it was great fun.

+1

I played it multiple times as PnP with not correct components and had a blast with play groups that favor different types of games. The only bad part is having to wait a year before I get the real thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.