Subject: DL PBF 62 - BGG Warriors (Discussion) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any of the below looks like I ripped it off from any of Sir Washington's other starter posts, it's because I did. It's a good format.

This is the discussion and signup thread.

Play details

Game: The "what did I get myself into" mix. Base game with expansion monsters, expansion rooms, expansion traps, bards, two paladins, expansion events and expansion combat cards (Chaos Vortex!). Basically I'm leaving out Festival Season, Pets, Alternate Setups, and Unique Opportunities.

Pace: Standard - at least 1 post every 24 hours (even if you are sure you will lose; good sportsmanship required ). Please check for geekmail or subscription updates more regularly. Notify me / the thread when you will have delays.

Expect the game to last approximately 1 month, so make sure you are able to commit to regular checking and updates. If you will be away from computers for more than a couple days in September, you should wait for the next game.

Experience: Players with more than 15 games of experience.

Sign up: Post in this thread that you are interested and that you meet the criteria. Use this thread for any non-game discussion: rules clarification, the weather, side comments. Non-player comments welcome!

Geekmails: Send all game related correspondence with subject using this format (examples):
DL PBF62 Year 1 Winter - Orders - Yellow
DL PBF62 Year 2 Combat 1 - Blue

Orders: Once all orders are in via gm, I will post updated player boards and main board. Each players posts their own order resolution; clearly identify changes to imps, food, evil, etc, and/or summarize at end. I will send trap and combat cards via gm. You will need a copy of the physical game, as i will send only card names for traps and combat cards spying. Rinse and repeat.

Combat: Post traps and monsters chosen for the next combat round publicly (can be inside spoiler tags). Once I have revealed the combat card, summarize your combat. Rinse and repeat.

Important links:
Game thread
Rules
FAQ
Rules for alternate setups

Props and GG for the great moderating tool to
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We need more moderators and more pbf! If you'd like to use this tool, please see this thread for simple setup or let me know any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to give this a try.

- Played about 10-15 games in RL with only the basic game
- Never played with the expansion
- Have the dungeon lord anniversary kickstarter box. so I have access to all the cards etc..
- Never did a dungeon lord PBF
- Played a few Mage Knight PBF
- I don't mind loosing and finish the game.

If you want someone with more experience it's ok with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morni wrote:
I'm willing to give this a try.

- Played about 10-15 games in RL with only the basic game
- Never played with the expansion
- Have the dungeon lord anniversary kickstarter box. so I have access to all the cards etc..
- Never did a dungeon lord PBF
- Played a few Mage Knight PBF
- I don't mind loosing and finish the game.

If you want someone with more experience it's ok with me

You sound like your pretty much qualified so you're in! I guess the biggest thing in your case is to take a look at the bard rules if you get one and definitely look at the two paladin variant before the game starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get in on this, but I don't own a copy of the game.

I've played the base game about a dozen times (with little success), and I do have a list of all the new events. I can also (through BGG) get pics of the old spells and traps. What I would need, if possible, is a list of the new spells and traps.

If that cannot be accomplished, then I'll wait for the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear; you're playing with the Festival season, but not the festival part of it? Otherwise adding the expansion monsters and rooms would leave out some random monsters and rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. I realize this basically makes an already difficult game harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
I'd love to get in on this, but I don't own a copy of the game.

I've played the base game about a dozen times (with little success), and I do have a list of all the new events. I can also (through BGG) get pics of the old spells and traps. What I would need, if possible, is a list of the new spells and traps.

If that cannot be accomplished, then I'll wait for the next one.

I didn't notice this the other day. You'll make two!

I need two more that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured I'd let others play, but since no one is stepping up I can jump back in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in if there is room

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also play if there is no one else, but definitely give the spot first to anyone who hasn't played a pbf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
I would also play if there is no one else, but definitely give the spot first to anyone who hasn't played a pbf.

If you need a 4th for the 'On the Job Training' game, and I take that one, then I would be fine giving up my spot in this one for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

If you need a 4th for the 'On the Job Training' game, and I take that one, then I would be fine giving up my spot in this one for you.

oh interesting.

But this one should be perfect for you! The other one, you're over qualified for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thenobleknave wrote:
I figured I'd let others play, but since no one is stepping up I can jump back in.

I'll step down then in favor of those who haven't been dominating playing lately devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
Coyotek4 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

oh interesting.

But this one should be perfect for you! The other one, you're over qualified for

I think it'd be more perfect if I knew all the cards. (I do know all the new events, at least. Just not the new spells or traps.)

That said, I can rescind my offer for the other game if I'm truly 'over-qualified'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobthesnake wrote:
Im in if there is room

That's three!

I'm putting NobleKnave and SirWashington on the waitlist. If we don't get a fourth by Sunday, one of them will play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

I vote for this solution. I also insist that SirWashington get a seat to play if possible, given all the nodding he does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thenobleknave wrote:
Coyotek4 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

I vote for this solution. I also insist that SirWashington get a seat to play if possible, given all the nodding he does.

nobleknave, is your suggestion to let coyotek4 switch to OJT and both of us would play in this one? With a dozen plays, i fear he would be out of place in OJT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could start him with a Food/Gold/Evil handicap. i think it's better to learn against a real opponent than a random player. I've played 2 and 3 P games with randoms filling in, it definitely makes it harder to do well.

Heck, I'd even be willing to fill in OTJ if you gave me a really big handicap. Who needs starting food or gold, anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotek4, what are your thoughts? do you want to do the OJT game with a handicap - maybe 1 less gold and 1 less food to start? I don't think it is a huge handicap given your relative experience, but i do want you to have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
coyotek4, what are your thoughts? do you want to do the OJT game with a handicap - maybe 1 less gold and 1 less food to start? I don't think it is a huge handicap given your relative experience, but i do want you to have fun.

All this assumes, of course, that I know what I'm doing.

I think I've, maybe, won one game in all those plays. My typical final score is below 20.

That said, I would be willing to start with a handicap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

I think I've, maybe, won one game in all those plays. My typical final score is below 20.

I'm waiting for all of this to get resolved before starting the PBF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

I would say no handicap.. if I win with someone with an handicap, it doesn't feel like a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so dbaker17 and i have conferred, and want to move forward with coyotek4 jumping to the OJT game, and then we'll have 4 in each game.

Coyotek4, can you post in that discussion thread and then i will kick it off? Thanks for your flexibility! It will be -1 food -1 gold to start. It will be a friendlier-than-normal game (no special event), and I will occasionally provide some high level guidelines, so it should be a useful experience. Plus it will be good to have another pair of eyes that have played the game involved, to also catch my errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Baker
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
so dbaker17 and i have conferred, and want to move forward with coyotek4 jumping to the OJT game, and then we'll have 4 in each game.

Coyotek4, can you post in that discussion thread and then i will kick it off? Thanks for your flexibility! It will be -1 food -1 gold to start. It will be a friendlier-than-normal game (no special event), and I will occasionally provide some high level guidelines, so it should be a useful experience. Plus it will be good to have another pair of eyes that have played the game involved, to also catch my errors

So we have our four!
morni
BobTheSnake
SirWashington
NobleKnave

Please post your color choices and lord names below (don't GM those to me) and once that's done I'll set up the game thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scary Yellow Lord wants to redeem his evil name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.