2 Posts

CO₂» Forums » General

Subject: A full coop-game during 2nd decade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R2 D2
msg tools
mb
Hi, I'd like to share with you a feeling I had after playing several 2-player games of CO2. Keeping in mind that our games finish at the end of the 4th decade*, our experience is that during the second decade we always (and almost only) end up working cooperatively. Not only we decide together where each one should/could build the new power plants needed, but also we plan together how to complete the summits in order to reach the expertise level we both need to build those power plants.

This cooperative play happens a little bit in the first decade and might continue during the third one (depending on the co2 level and our future plant's projects) but my experience is that working hand-by-hand during the second decade is crucial to face individually the game during half the 3rd and the 4th decade.

Maybe you could tell me if you agree or share this "spontaneous-survival-strategy" (to name it somehow) or not. Thanks very much!

(*) A change from the original rules made by the designer for 2p games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play almost exclusively 2 player with my wife. We are very competitive and have never played co-operatively. We play with the 4 decade variant as well.

We've come close in the 3rd decade to over polluting the world (over 500ppm) but it has never happened yet and we have continued to play it competitively.

So, I guess I don't agree that it is necessary, if that's what you meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.