Subject: Who thumbed that ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to tell who has given a thumbsup to a particular reply in a thread ?

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexius Exfalso
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I believe not, for fear of someone being jumped behind the bicycle sheds at breaktime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes ....

But before, we could see who had given a thumbsup to anything, and now we still can, as long as it is the first post in a thread.

Considering we can thumb each reply individually, it would be nice to see who has done this.

I'm not interested in who gave a thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexius Exfalso
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting...

Maybe it is to preserve creeps, pets and 'fags' (in the Eton sense of the word) from a white enamel hair-rinse for displaying too much enthusiasm.

Agreed though, 'tis odd the first upper-thumb is credited but the others aren't - rum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you can see who gives out negative thumbs, you get into the whole retaliation thing.

"If he gave me one thumbs down, I'll give him 10". It tends to degrade into finding the threads with the least negative number. If it is done anonymously this doesn't tend to happen so much from what I have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't asking to see who gave any thumbs down, as you'll see from my posts above.

I was asking why you can see who gave a thumbs up to a particular post (as long as it is the first one), but you can't see who gave a thumbs up to a particular reply.

N.

Edit: For example, you can see that this thread received one thumbsup and you can see who has given it by clicking on the 0 in the list on the front page.

(It is a 0 because it must also have received a thumbsdown at some point)

The first reply (a funny remark about the bicycle sheds) has received 4 thumbsups, but we can't find out from whom ....

That's all I was asking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.