Popular Tags: [View All]
Deniper Deniper
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a overview of the game played aboard the battleship Texas 10-12-15

The scenario was "High bounce" with one flight per player (1 pair F4F wildcats and one pair A6M zero) in this scenario the attackers start 2 range rulers behind and 4-6 altitude bands higher than the defenders. Both flights start out in formation.

Turn one the wildcats wanting to capitalize the initial advantage dive from altitude 20 to 17 moving forward 3 times in the process this would have put them in firing range and arc if the zeros had not broke in different directions!

Turn two, the wildcats break to pursue one zero each and thou the zeros attempt to come about quickly to engage. The Japanese wing leader performed his high speed tight turn with no issued however his wingman's plane choked attempting a split-S and ended up in the gun-sites of his pursuer. The ensuing fire almost destroyed the zero in a single volley.

Turn three The wildcats begin to show their lumbering nature as they slowdown to gain ever tighter turning while the zero pilots continue to come about with the intent to fire place a overlapping fire on a single Wildcat. Before the Japanese wingman is forced to disengage.

Turn four, the result of maneuvers gives both wing-leaders a clear close range shot nose to nose. which results in the American plane taking damage, and going into a spin. But not before Return fire riddles the fireing Zero full of holes! The Japanese pilot must now bail out while hoping the wildcat fails to recover.

Turn five, the Leader's Wildcat recovers from the spin while his wingman beignets to turn towards the damaged remaining Zero. Who disengages from combat.

Result one Wildcat damaged one Zero shot down, one heading home for repairs.

The main mistake the Japanese made was not sticking together from the beginning close formation reduces your options of turning but increases firepower when a target is presented.

One badly timed failed maneuver can wreck a battle plan. As demonstrated above as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fleischman
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game available anywhere? I saw a thread about a PNP version, but no files.

I'd like to learn more about the game.

russ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniper Deniper
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are building the PNP currently and should have it for sale on Wargames vault in the next 3-4 weeks. Their may be periodic updates to that document and I intend to add scenarios as they are fully vetted.

The PDF will include basic and advanced rules as well as flat counters to represent the included aircraft. P-40c, KI-43 Oscar, spitfire MKII, ME-109E
At least 3 scenarios, and instructions for getting the most out of the PNP experiance.

There is a fund raiser planned for early next year to put our models into production as well as nice laser cut templates and printed materials.

I currently have 12 models in preproduction with 17 more planned or in stages of sculpting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.