• [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed this in my "I bought these damn counters, we HAVE to use them" phase. So This scenario requires Stalingrad units for both the Finns (2 leaders) and the Russians (1 leader, 2 Teams).

Here it is, if you want to try it: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101204/silent-death-cr...

Paul wrote a good report on what happened. I was going through the opposite feelings. Mostly taking a lot of shots, trying to make the time go faster. I did decide to try to kill Finns instead of taking an ultimate number of small shots to advance the time. Maybe that was my flaw? In one of the last Melees, I rolled a breeze. This had two MAJOR effects. 1) In one turn I lost 10 VPs in burning buildings!! 2) He got "free" advances onto my one leader who was running from the Allied side of the board to hook up with his troops....he also was able to kill a couple more units in Blaze-created melees. The "before" picture is the first picture we took. You can see my fast Moving Leader all by himself. He used only 5 move, trying to stay out of the line of Fire from Finns to the left side of the Russian board....but miscounted and couldn't get to the safety of the buildings with only one Move left!!

I foolishly used my Advance to go away from the Finns. That was where I screwed up, as I could have put pressure on his advancing hordes. Again the first picture shows my leaders split, getting ready for him to advance toward me.

So last comment, I'll explain how crazy that Breeze really was....If the Breeze hadn't occurred, I still would have had about 5 VPs (plus 3 more net VPs from the hidden chits) when we got to the "last" Time Track. I rolled a "12" on the first Melee of 4. Losing that melee meant that I would lose the game due to surrender.....But first the game had a chance of ending, in which case the Finns would win anyway because of having 6 VPs (down three due to hidden Objectives). Remember, the Breeze had given him 5 buildings--10 VPs.....so without the Breeze, the game would end on less than a 7 and I would have the initiative ... so I could have forced a reroll to save myself right before the last Finn died. Not to mention all the Finns on the Board.

But the Breeze DID occur, and I did lose due to surrender. Ah well, that is the way of CC:E

Now we move to a cleansing RSG scenario (we take one RSG at the end of each calendar year) and then to Scenario 80 -- the one where posture changes each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.